April 27, 2024, 11:31:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 791
  Print  
Author Topic: Manky's Pop.  (Read 1549941 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #360 on: December 10, 2007, 12:30:47 PM »

It'll get them, don't worry!
Gonna buy some new rear tyres cos mine are too old for the MSVA -I'm told they've got to be 5 years old or less & according to the date code on mine they're 18 years old! Absolutely nothing wrong with them though, loads of tread & no sign of the sidewalls perishing, so I'll keep them as spares. New tyres might solve the mudguard/tyre clearance problems. Unlikely but you never know. It'll give me a better idea of exactly what size spacers I need to have made anyway.
Then the mudguard struts can be trimmed to length, mounts for side marker lights added to the open tube ends, then indicator mounts & the mounting holes for the guards themselves of course. After that, the struts need drilling for the wiring & powder-coating in gloss black.
Then they'll be fitted!

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #361 on: December 14, 2007, 09:41:46 PM »

Well, my Pop's all finished & on the road. Looks O.K don't it.

...............I wish.  Sad

brock

« Reply #362 on: December 15, 2007, 12:47:28 AM »

yeah, just OK though, you should have arched that rear screen if you were going to use such a heavy belt line. Did you see the other shots of it, same gallery.
panthershaun

« Reply #363 on: December 15, 2007, 08:38:03 AM »

very nice Manky mate, agree with Brock Wink Kiss

you ain't it, till you've "Bobbed" a Brit!!!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #364 on: December 15, 2007, 05:22:06 PM »

Sigh.
O.K, I'll do it again.  Smiley

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #365 on: December 15, 2007, 10:22:09 PM »

Called at Loony's workshop this afternoon after work. PD was there too. The boys were hammering my Pop, cutting & tacking in the filler strips either end of the cab back. Lookin' good chaps.  Smiley

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #366 on: December 15, 2007, 10:29:01 PM »

A fuzzy pic but it shows just how much we've changed the profile of the ol' Pop -for the better? I was berated at work this morning for cutting up a classic car. Tough! It's mine & I like it!
Dodgy looking pair lurking next to it though.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #367 on: December 15, 2007, 10:37:54 PM »

I made myself useful by cutting out the rotten ends of the original Pop sills & making new repair pieces. Loony will weld 'em in place & bash 'em into shape. They're deliberately overlength so they can be trimmed back once fitted to suit the new body shape.

VALLEYSBOY

sheep shagger

« Reply #368 on: December 16, 2007, 02:28:28 PM »

nice work Gents Smiley

More metal than skin
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #369 on: December 19, 2007, 10:36:02 PM »

Bugger.
Had a letter from the DVLA today. I'd sent off the Pop's logbook & changed the body type from saloon to pick up, plus changed the engine details. They've told me they need to inspect the vehicle before they can issue a document.
The DVLA have been tightening up their act for the last couple of years -seems the days of slipping seriously altered vehicles through the system undetected are over.
So- I've now got to build my Pop to SVA standards. Bugger.
I've read on other forums that the commercial vehicle version of the SVA test is much simpler than the normal car version. Even so, it's a daunting prospect. I need to start looking into it all.
Worst case scenario- it'll still get built. If I can't meet the regs, I'll take it drag-racing instead! 

mouse

« Reply #370 on: December 20, 2007, 09:48:19 AM »

>:(the miserable sod try to take the fun out of everything don't they
good luck with it all m8

Mousy Boy :-) AKA Mick Smiley
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #371 on: December 20, 2007, 05:07:39 PM »

Better to be legit in the long run I guess.

lunatic

« Reply #372 on: December 20, 2007, 06:54:05 PM »

Well in that case we might as well put a new chassis under it! Grin Did they say it needs to be SVAed or just an engineers report?

In the long run it would have to be inspected as the mot testers are being told to report anything with modified chassis/ suspension, might as well do it now rather than later.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #373 on: December 20, 2007, 10:05:24 PM »

True. I really need to talk to someone & find out exactly what's what. If it's just a matter of it needing to keep it's original chassis to qualify as the original vehicle, & I'm allowed to change the engine & suspension, then it's not a problem. Would just mean I couldn't "Z" the chassis as I'd planned. If, however, any deviation at all from standard requires a full SVA test, then we've got nothing to lose. I'm sure I read a thread somewhere on the NSRA forum about a pick up that had passed SVA despite arriving without engine, glass, interior & a million other bits.
I'll wait till my local licensing office contact me to arrange an inspection & ask them where I stand with it all.
-Don't let that stop you working on the body though mate!  Wink

VALLEYSBOY

sheep shagger

« Reply #374 on: December 21, 2007, 12:25:37 AM »

Sooze over at BritChopper is s**t hot on bike /trike related svs mvsa stuff i reckon Sooze would know about hotrods too? maybe worth an ask any rds Smiley

More metal than skin
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 791
  Print  

Jump to: