March 28, 2024, 11:07:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Normal service WILL be resumed  (Read 1860 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« on: June 12, 2021, 12:19:52 PM »

Nice to see Mr Bay Chimp this week -he sought me out on my Postal route after reading about my partner Julie here.
So, just to let you know what's happening:
I moved in with Julie, a fellow Basingstoke Postie, back in October.
6 months later, at just 49 years old, she had a heart attack. Don't worry -she's O.K. Fortunately it happened in the evening while we were watching TV, so I was on hand to phone for an ambulance. She spent a week in hospital & has been off work for 2 months now, with another month to go. Caused by plaque breaking away from the artery walls & blocking blood flow to the heart apparently.
We're going for daily walks to build up her stamina again, but she's gone from 10 - 12 miles a day at a brisk walking pace, to getting tired & out of breath after about 2 miles. So, things are kinda on hold at the moment. I haven't abandoned the website, (I renewed the domain name last week, so we're good for another year), but other things are taking priority. I'm trying to spend some quality time with Jules after realising how close I came to losing her - cherish the ones you care about people.
I'm still plodding on with my truck, but progress is slow. If not before, then I'm aiming to have it done by the time I turn 60 in February. Julie isn't from the bike or car scene, but is keen to see it back on the road & nags me to get on with it, so maybe it'll see tarmac again in time for the Popstalgia show in September.
I'm still here & do appreciate you guys hanging on here too. I promise the whole site will get a full make-over as soon as the truck's done. In the meantime though, as always, this is your space, so make yourself comfy & I'll see you as often as I can Smiley

« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 12:29:10 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2021, 12:26:41 PM »

Julie absolutely hates having her photo taken, but I managed to grab this shot on a trip to Boscombe, Dorset, one afternoon after work this week.
Booey the dog is terrified of the sea.
Have a great Summer guys. x

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
hornet6

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2021, 11:28:32 AM »

Good to hear she's on the mend. We are still here after both having covid in January.....No side effects as such, but I seem to have developed a couple of static floaters in my eyes. Dont know if its through covid or what at the moment.

no projects ever finished
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: