April 19, 2024, 05:51:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello again  (Read 2195 times)
flc

« on: October 07, 2020, 07:48:34 AM »

Test post to try resizing pictures
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2020, 08:02:52 AM »

Yup, that worked  Smiley
I usually resize to 600 x 600.
'ello mate.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
flc

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2020, 12:17:06 PM »

Hello sir, well I only popped out for a minute and seams like nearly 3 years has passed , I would like time to slow down a little bit, in that time I finished the fastback and didn't get the connection with it that I thought I would, I was lovely to drive and smooth and quiet. Exactly the opposite of why I like classic cars, in truth a design typical of vw was way ahead of its time. I was wanting the raw go-cart feel of the beetle, so it was sold and another bug replaced it, pics to follow
As is the way with these things it was rougher than expected and the extra money from the fastback sale went on a monster motor (which is built and ready but never ran) while I spent the last 2 years going over board with the rest of the shell etc. Now it's almost complete I've dug out my chop to rebuild over the winter (lol even now, I still think that's how long it will take Grin) I'll be remaking most of the girder front end in stainless and a restyle of the rest. More later and pictures
« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 02:49:31 PM by flc » Logged
flc

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2020, 12:22:06 PM »

The completed fastback at the viva skevegas show
flc

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2020, 02:40:51 PM »

The chop as dragged out of its slumber
flc

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2020, 02:48:17 PM »

I managed to get hold of a chunk of 316 stainless for the top yolk, it's a tough material to machine but doable, so ebay provided a 12.7mm (1/2") cobalt drill bit for the rocker pivot shaft, I can't remember why I designed it this way but it will be easier for service and setting, drilled the hole very carefully so it wouldn't wander off line and it's stayed really straight  Cool then bar mount and neck holes. All good so far
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2020, 09:56:01 PM »

The fastback looked cool!
My Dad had a VW Variant when I were a lad, so was probably brand new.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
JayJay

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2020, 05:05:57 PM »

Love the name of the event. Had to look it up. I assumed it was a play on Skegness  Roll Eyes (the spelling threw me), so surprised to find it was Las Vegas. Didn't realise you were in the States. Pic of cars could easily have been here.  Smiley

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
flc

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2020, 08:58:37 PM »

Love the name of the event. Had to look it up. I assumed it was a play on Skegness  Roll Eyes (the spelling threw me), so surprised to find it was Las Vegas. Didn't realise you were in the States. Pic of cars could easily have been here.  Smiley
Hi there, it is skeg or was in the beginning, was held at the skate park at the top end then moved inland to where it is now at Revesby House nearer to Boston (Lincolnshire ) ha ha can see why its confusing
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: