April 29, 2024, 09:30:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Steel supplier in Basingstoke  (Read 3010 times)
Leadfoot Liz

« on: January 30, 2007, 10:03:19 PM »

Can anyone recommend where I can locate a supply of 2mm thick sheet steel in Basingstoke ? 
We need to fabricate some brackets, and need a supply of steel.

Many thanks.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 10:15:39 PM »

Hello Liz.
I've yet to make your aquaintance, but Janie_Postie's told me all about you. Welcome to the site.
Any chance of a write up for the Motors section on your cars? We need more rods!
Not sure about sheet steel suppliers -we use mainly tube & scrounge flat plate from anyone we can when we need it. I'll be visiting Toad in Poole in a few days time -& scrounging some 3mm for myself. I can ask him if he's got any spare. How much do you need?

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
lunatic

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 10:38:20 PM »

Try a place called sothern all metals. Its in a little industrial estate off cranborne lane. They seem to be decent guys in there, they cut our steel on the guillotene into strips to widen our mudgaurds for us. Sorry, I dont have a number.
toad

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 11:30:34 PM »

Can anyone recommend where I can locate a supply of 2mm thick sheet steel in Basingstoke ? 
We need to fabricate some brackets, and need a supply of steel.

Many thanks.

how much do you need??

IF IT AINT RED AND WHITE IT AINT RIGHT
Leadfoot Liz

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 06:40:58 PM »

Thanks for your responses folks. 

Just to keep us going for now we could do with approx 2ft square of 2mm, but more needed in future for ongoing projects as and when...  It's good to have plenty in stock as you know...

Southern all metals - My other half, Brian, used to go there, but last time he went it looked closed.  Anyone know if they are still in business?  We can wander over there sometime and have a look, anyway.

lunatic

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007, 06:54:57 PM »

Not sure? Last time I was over there must have been last summer! I wouldnt be suprised if they work funny hours!
panthershaun

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 08:13:25 PM »

Nice looking car, more info please Grin Grin Grin Wink

you ain't it, till you've "Bobbed" a Brit!!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: