March 29, 2024, 02:45:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New car sales plummet  (Read 1927 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« on: May 06, 2020, 05:22:38 PM »

The impact of the pandemic on the economy was laid bare yesterday by figures showing that fewer than 1,000 new cars were sold last month.
As households were warned to brace themselves for the worst recession in living memory, the motor industry revealed that sales of new cars plummeted by 97 per cent in April to the lowest level since 1946.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
the coppersmith

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2020, 06:18:02 PM »

I’d be more concerned with the production of food and medicine. Cars were a luxury, maybe they will be again. It is proven we need to stay home and beat this thing 😢😢
minimutly

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2020, 10:03:40 PM »

Cars may or may not be a luxury, but new ones certainly are, for me anyway.
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2020, 07:27:07 PM »

Hey, lets remember that all old cars started out as new cars!! Shocked I agree with the 'smith, we have to re-prioritize our lives, if we are to move forward again, and maybe stop believing that so many modern day "must haves", well, in the greater scheme of things......just ain't!!  Huh..Morrag.

Beware the Ides of March, But!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2020, 07:37:06 PM »

Wise words. Apparently China's car sales have risen!

stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2020, 06:14:18 AM »

Here in Spain cars are very expensive so we are keeping our UK car and registering it over here, and I'm quite enjoying driving around in the free landrover I was given, apart from the fact that the windows don't work on both cars?  I read a report about Banks yesterday saying they are in debt with petrol companies especially Barclays, and that the UK public will soon be bailing out virgin airlines? So no doubt every one will have no choice but to be Frugal now?

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
skippy

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2020, 12:41:42 AM »

car sales are down here as well , about 49% . they shouldn't have made them so bloody expensive and now we are getting more Chinese made coming . Our local manufacturing is gone up the s**tter with GM pulling the pin on rhd vehicles . We will all be driving MG's and LDV's soon. Virgin here has been grounded with massive debt and up for sale, probably end up in Chinese hands .

Dave
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2020, 08:15:05 PM »

Virgin? You mean  Virgin Airlines?

skippy

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2020, 05:53:39 AM »

Virgin? You mean  Virgin Airlines?

sorry , yes . it cost more to fly from perth to sydney than a week in a swanky resort in Bali. without virgin air it will cost a small mortage .

Dave
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2020, 10:01:33 AM »

Yeah, I've been flying from London to New York with Virgin every 6 months or so for the last 3 years. I can see a massive increase in fare prices when this virus thing is over.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: