March 29, 2024, 07:24:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Try and get better salaries for our nurses  (Read 2070 times)
JayJay

« on: March 26, 2020, 10:30:08 PM »

Hi All
I try not to include petitions too often but with what's going on, there's no better time to get the UK Gvt to appreciate our nurses via their salaries.

This petition is calling on the Gvt to give a bonus or pay rise to our doctors and nurses when the coronavirus has ended. If you feel you could sign this then please go to:

http://chng.it/54xXYG2Qtf

In my view, the Gvt has never appreciated the medical profession especially the nurses and we are very fortunate that they are all staying at their posts, putting their lives and the lives of their families at risk to help the UK population survive this. My mother, sister and aunt were SRNs, my mother was also a midwife and I've always been proud of the job they did but during this crisis, I'm especially proud of the whole medical profession and so we should be. Nurses in particular, need to see decent salaries with regular raises. A bonus would be nice but the real change needs to be to basic salaries.

We are a global forum and it is really inspiring and heart warming to see the medical profession and all their support staff working so tirelessly wherever Covid-19 has struck in the world.  Cool

It's just so terrible and so sad that in doing so, some have had to make the ultimate scarifice.  Cry

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
Tony oily bike

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2020, 10:47:18 AM »

Just for info, here’s a video message (uploaded 23rd March) from the Frimley Heath Foundation Trust (FHFT) CEO and Medical Director about the response to coronavirus.

FHFT includes Frimley Park Hospital in Surrey by the M3 J4  closeish to some MMM folk.

https://youtu.be/4vY-3A_qygA

Nice to hear thanks for the NHS staff.

With regard to salaries

It was interesting to note that there was mention of the car park charges having been dropped (for now).

However, I’ve was told by a member of front-line staff about a week ago that any additional hours worked over norm will not get paid till this is over, interesting that there was no mention of this...............
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 05:52:11 PM by Tony oily bike » Logged

There's nowt as light as a hole, so add lightness.

Our lady of blessed acceleration, don't fail me now! - Elwood Blues

Nitro doesn't add power, it multiplies it! Bob Loux, running 10.07 secs @138mph on a 650 normally aspirated Triumph drag bike in 1965!

"Incontinence Hotline" - please hold.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2020, 10:15:13 PM »

Royal Mail are expecting their staff to carry on working, without any protective equipment whatsoever, but have told them they won't pay overtime. Nobody's going to work for free, especially when they're risking their own health to do so, so now those who would stay out & complete their deliveries, like me, are stopping at the end of the shift time.
With everyone at home, panic or boredom shopping online, the Mail volume is back up to Christmas levels, but with only half the staff, (my depot has 80 out of 200 staff off sick).

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
JayJay

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2020, 02:38:18 AM »

Tony,
There was another petition about car park charges. Whether that put pressure on the gvt, I don't know. All these workplace parking charges are normally because of the green levy in place. I know they started it years ago at the uni I worked at but I think it is going to be applied everywhere  soon.

With the state of all economies after this, I think the money for green projects will go elsewhere. Hopefully HS2 will be cancelled too and money used instead to bolster our NHS while stripping down the top heavy managers and doing something about the Private Funding Initiative (PFI) that Blair brought in and which is now killing our hospitals. In Europe there is a lot of anti-green sentiment and in the US a recent poll showed Americans had the subject way down their list of concerns and of course Trump is anti-green anyway. I hope so. There are better ways to spend that money.

It's astonising if that's true about OT payments. Maybe the person who started the petition didn't realise that was happening. Very wrong. Might as well just kick them in the teeth while they're at it. It's a wonder they don't all stay home. This gvt and previous gvts, would deserve it if they did but the majority of these NHS workers, and all the retired who are being asked to return, are obviously selfless and put patient care first.

Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
Tony oily bike

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2020, 05:54:06 PM »

Tony,
There was another petition about car park charges. Whether that put pressure on the gvt, I don't know. All these workplace parking charges are normally because of the green levy in place. I know they started it years ago at the uni I worked at but I think it is going to be applied everywhere  soon.

With the state of all economies after this, I think the money for green projects will go elsewhere. Hopefully HS2 will be cancelled too and money used instead to bolster our NHS while stripping down the top heavy managers and doing something about the Private Funding Initiative (PFI) that Blair brought in and which is now killing our hospitals. In Europe there is a lot of anti-green sentiment and in the US a recent poll showed Americans had the subject way down their list of concerns and of course Trump is anti-green anyway. I hope so. There are better ways to spend that money.

It's astonising if that's true about OT payments. Maybe the person who started the petition didn't realise that was happening. Very wrong. Might as well just kick them in the teeth while they're at it. It's a wonder they don't all stay home. This gvt and previous gvts, would deserve it if they did but the majority of these NHS workers, and all the retired who are being asked to return, are obviously selfless and put patient care first.

…. and we, the general public, are reliant on them...….

Nitro doesn't add power, it multiplies it! Bob Loux, running 10.07 secs @138mph on a 650 normally aspirated Triumph drag bike in 1965!

morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2020, 09:17:24 PM »

All the sentiments high lighted here are very laudable, and I will sign any petition that will enhance the pay and conditions of those employed in the NHS, however, the starving of funds to this service has been going on for the past 10 years, and and those responsible have just been given an 80 seat majority, for the next 5 years! so go figure, sorry to be political, but I cannot find any other way to state my anger, Morrag. Huh Huh

Beware the Ides of March, But!
JayJay

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2020, 11:19:28 PM »

I understand Morrag, that's why we're hoping to put pressure on them to put right this situation once and for all. I don't see how they cannot after watching ALL NHS staff putting their lives on the line for us. I think once this is all over, people will take to the streets and show their anger if it doesn't happen. Nurses in particular need to get the immediate raises they should have had years ago and then regular raises from then on. Like I said, the Gvt should find a way to end the PFI debt that is bankrupting hospitals freeing up funding that can be used elsewhere in the NHS and the number of managers and even higher level bosses should be streamlined. Yes, someone needs to organise behind the scenes but I think they have too many people doing it, where those salaries could be going elsewhere and being used for frontline resources.

Thanks, to those of you that signed.

morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2020, 08:26:20 AM »

I have lived long enough to have assumed a degree of cynicism in regard to politics, and it has been said that a week is a long time in that field! Similarly the public at large have short memories and I feel once over this dreadful plague, will soon forget the heroics of the NHS, and so many other essential services. Human nature, and the sheer relief of being alive will ensure that! Life as it is, I'm afraid......Morrag

Beware the Ides of March, But!
Tony oily bike

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2020, 10:59:15 AM »

Royal Mail are expecting their staff to carry on working, without any protective equipment whatsoever, but have told them they won't pay overtime. Nobody's going to work for free, especially when they're risking their own health to do so, so now those who would stay out & complete their deliveries, like me, are stopping at the end of the shift time.
With everyone at home, panic or boredom shopping online, the Mail volume is back up to Christmas levels, but with only half the staff, (my depot has 80 out of 200 staff off sick).

A two-part post (pun not intended)

1) As a little bit of a moral booster - Meet the fancy dress Royal Mail postal worker lifting spirits

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-52082098

2) and for those that would like to help - NHS Volunteer Army

https://www.england.nhs.uk/2020/03/your-nhs-needs-you-nhs-call-for-volunteer-army/

« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 11:07:35 AM by Tony oily bike » Logged

Tony oily bike

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2020, 11:06:47 AM »

This gives an insight into current salaries

https://www.jobs.nhs.uk/xi/search_vacancy/

At the moment, hospital cleaners are being urgently sought (at Frimley at least)
The advert below shows the (agency?) rates as: Team Leaders - £10-£11 per hour, Hospital Cleaners - £9.00 - £9.50 per hour.

Have heard it said from a font-line worker that (some?) cleaners are being offered more than some nurses!

Agency advertising for hospital cleaners

https://uk.jooble.org/desc/-6954693883098267141?ckey=hospital+cleaning&rgn=17460&pos=8&elckey=7971221844960408626&p=1&sid=-4369899993502516521&age=152&relb=130&brelb=115&bscr=5149%2C3105&scr=5820%2C95969565217&iid=-3743267175467061325

Tony oily bike

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2020, 11:25:05 AM »

This gives an insight into current salaries

https://www.jobs.nhs.uk/xi/search_vacancy/

At the moment, hospital cleaners are being urgently sought (at Frimley at least)
The advert below shows the (agency?) rates as: Team Leaders - £10-£11 per hour, Hospital Cleaners - £9.00 - £9.50 per hour.

Have heard it said from a font-line worker that (some?) cleaners are being offered more than some nurses!

Agency advertising for hospital cleaners

https://uk.jooble.org/desc/-6954693883098267141?ckey=hospital+cleaning&rgn=17460&pos=8&elckey=7971221844960408626&p=1&sid=-4369899993502516521&age=152&relb=130&brelb=115&bscr=5149%2C3105&scr=5820%2C95969565217&iid=-3743267175467061325

From the beeb (21st April 2020)

"Coronavirus: Key workers are clapped and cheered, but what are they paid?"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52312038

It doesn't appear to cover all Key Worker roles tho………………..

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: