April 20, 2024, 02:10:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Bloody CORONA VIRUS?  (Read 22411 times)
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #90 on: April 30, 2020, 12:40:55 PM »

Well folks, end of my weeks internment, and glad to say that it's now been decided that the symptoms I started with were generated by a form of cellulitis, an infection of the lower level of skin. That is treatable fortunately, unlike the other, so a result then. Many thanks for all your concern, and once completed, feel sure the various treatments prescribed, will get me back on my feet. TTFN, Morrag.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 10:44:42 PM by morrag » Logged

Beware the Ides of March, But!
triker_Chewie

west aussie dreamer

« Reply #91 on: April 30, 2020, 02:05:34 PM »

good news! huzzah

I hate when people compare Lemmy with God, i know he is great but he is not gonna be Lemmy, ever

If your Dad hasnt got a beard, you've got two Mums

Quote from: Manky Monkey
there's no point it lookin' pretty if we can't drive it. 
merv

« Reply #92 on: April 30, 2020, 03:27:11 PM »

That is good news Smiley

Why do every five minute job take all day, and
if it can go wrong it will go wrong
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #93 on: April 30, 2020, 08:41:09 PM »

Congratulations matey Smiley

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
the coppersmith

« Reply #94 on: May 01, 2020, 01:08:51 PM »

well done sir, up and at them, pesky germs  Grin
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #95 on: May 01, 2020, 08:35:08 PM »

Phew!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Tony oily bike

« Reply #96 on: May 12, 2020, 10:24:56 AM »

International Nurses Day is celebrated around the world every May 12, the anniversary of Florence Nightingale's birth.

This year, it the 200th anniversary of Florence Nightingale's birth.

https://www.rcn.org.uk/get-involved/campaign-with-us/nurses-day

https://www.icn.ch/what-we-docampaigns/international-nurses-day

There's nowt as light as a hole, so add lightness.

Our lady of blessed acceleration, don't fail me now! - Elwood Blues

Nitro doesn't add power, it multiplies it! Bob Loux, running 10.07 secs @138mph on a 650 normally aspirated Triumph drag bike in 1965!

"Incontinence Hotline" - please hold.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #97 on: May 12, 2020, 08:21:58 PM »

I knew there was a nurses' day, but didn't know it was Ms Nightingale's birthday.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
JayJay

« Reply #98 on: June 07, 2020, 04:33:50 PM »

Glad to hear you're alright Morrag, well in regards to Covid-19 anyway. Like you say, the other should be sorted via the medication.

Haven't been on here for ages. You'd think with things as they are they'd be plenty of time to do things like pop in here but I haven't even felt like reading, which has been something of a surprise. Ennui is the word which sums it up I think. This past week though I've been really busy sorting stuff out and I've got loads of stuff!  Shocked Even did some gardening this morning. Unheard of.  Cheesy

You'd think everything was back to normal now with the number of people on the beaches and in the New Forest. I'm still mainly indoors. Had a click and collect the other day so had a ride out but with 30 mins to go to the latest I could pick it up, the car wouldn't start. Flat battery. Fortunately I bought a power pack that's been in the car since January. On my second attempt it started the car. My car battery is so difficult to get to and you can only access the positive anode so I attached the negative to the metal chassis and hoped for the best. Have since recharged it and put it back in the car. I bought the best I could afford. It is 1500A Peak 20000mAh for up to a 7.0L Diesel vehicle. It should have been £65 but there was 15% off. Anyway, I'm pleased with it. Plus it's a torch, emergency beacon and has charger cables for usb-c and micro usb. Better than carrying that power pack I used to have. It was good (until it stopped working!) but bulky.

Oh well, I'll have a quick read and I'll be off. Stay safe everyone, especially as the scientists say the R number is rising again in some areas.

JJ xx

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #99 on: June 07, 2020, 08:04:50 PM »

Thanks for that Jay Jay, but must admit I'm a trifle peeved today, an understatement you will appreciate! as I have been following the protest marches around the country, by TV of course! and I am left gobsmacked as  to what our Health Care workers must be thinking in regard to their heroic efforts, some paying the ultimate price,when they see the joking 2 mtrs distancing rules being ignored, as well as many other aspects of this "shut down". I accept the importance of dealing with the racial inequalities in this world, but come on people, can not this current round of very obviously just protests, be delayed until we are 'out of the woods' with this evil plague?....please!!... Cry Cry...Morrag

morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #100 on: June 07, 2020, 08:06:56 PM »

OOps, loaded twice!!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 08:09:36 PM by morrag » Logged

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #101 on: June 07, 2020, 08:08:33 PM »

I'm with you Morrag but I just don't watch the news or read papers, and when I see it on Facebook I just scroll by, because I just can't deal with it.  I get stressed and that starts palpitations and then I have to take extra beta blockers.  

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #102 on: June 07, 2020, 08:11:19 PM »

Sorry if I upset you BG, not intended, but It really weighs heavily on me, all that sacrifice..........................

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #103 on: June 07, 2020, 08:57:48 PM »

No, you haven't upset me!!  I'm just saying that's my way of dealing with it - you might try it!

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #104 on: June 07, 2020, 08:58:25 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
  Print  

Jump to: