April 26, 2024, 03:31:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Garage heater recommendations?  (Read 3599 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2019, 05:47:23 PM »

Now you tell me! Smiley
Yes, that looks handy cos it sits directly on top of the gas cylinder, but I've now bought a traditional "cabinet" style one, (the type everybody's Nan had in the 70s).
The little camping sized Butane ones I've been using play up when the temperature starts to drop, so I'll definitely go for Propane, but a mate gave me a full 15k sized bottle of Butane, so that'll keep me going for a while. Biggest problem now is the lack of space in the garage -I can't get the heater close to the axle I'm trying to paint, but hopefully it'll raise the overall temperature enough to get the job done.
Steve, I'm not sending Christmas cards out this year, (it was costing a fortune & becoming a major undertaking), so Merry Christmas! Smiley

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2019, 05:49:22 PM »

SteveRedd

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2019, 12:54:09 PM »

Looks good Andy...especially for warming your arse!  Grin

I saw your post re cards, don't forget that if you ever fancy a bit of time on the Norfolk Coast you have my address, we have a caravan, a demountable and a summerhouse so can arrange accomodation if needed.

Don't forget you will need a different regulator if you go over to propane....many on car boots and ebay.

you can also use propane for heating stuff up......hotter than butane.

I picked up one similar to this for £10 on a car boot

https://engweld.co.uk/product/p219743-sievert-pro86-propane-torch-kit-with-hose-failure-valve
« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 01:03:14 PM by SteveRedd » Logged

Growing up is Optional
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2019, 08:17:47 PM »

Cool. If I ever get the damn truck finished you'll be on my Visit List, promise Smiley

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: