April 20, 2024, 02:29:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Things we get told by television presenters & folk featured in the prog  (Read 1798 times)
Tony oily bike

« on: October 02, 2019, 01:29:40 PM »

I’ll leave the identity of the progs / persons blank, but feel free to guess

I thought it was rust bubbling from underneath – as the main presenter (of a selection of motoring related progs) was looking at a Reliant wing amongst various cars at an auction.

They were the first people to invent seatbelts – one of the three presenters as they were building a custom Volvo (answers on a postcard as to who the second inventors were.................)

I’m going to be double-checking things two or three times – one of the spanner-wielding guys in a large establishment part way through a resto

It looks like the south end of a north bound dog – guy who owns the resto workshop whilst inspecting what had been brought in.

He’s the one with the Mississippi-Mudflap, that’s a mullet to you and me – sports commentator

Grin
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 01:33:14 PM by Tony oily bike » Logged

There's nowt as light as a hole, so add lightness.

Our lady of blessed acceleration, don't fail me now! - Elwood Blues

Nitro doesn't add power, it multiplies it! Bob Loux, running 10.07 secs @138mph on a 650 normally aspirated Triumph drag bike in 1965!

"Incontinence Hotline" - please hold.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2019, 03:35:18 PM »

Love the dog quote Smiley

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2019, 11:35:39 AM »

Took the words out of my mouth Andy - storing that one up to use next time someone posts a pic of some 'orrible build on Facebook!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2019, 06:19:53 PM »

Well, at least they didn't start every phrase/sentence with "So........" Shocked, or did they?....................... Wink Wink

Beware the Ides of March, But!
Tony oily bike

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2019, 06:59:28 AM »

Well, at least they didn't start every phrase/sentence with "So........" Shocked, or did they?....................... Wink Wink

Not that I recall..............
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 06:25:27 PM by Tony oily bike » Logged

There's nowt as light as a hole, so add lightness.

Our lady of blessed acceleration, don't fail me now! - Elwood Blues

Nitro doesn't add power, it multiplies it! Bob Loux, running 10.07 secs @138mph on a 650 normally aspirated Triumph drag bike in 1965!

"Incontinence Hotline" - please hold.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: