April 29, 2024, 01:27:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: " Is there anybody..................."  (Read 2756 times)
morrag

Carpe diem!

« on: October 28, 2019, 07:58:37 PM »

So, where is everyone, and why are you all not doing "things" Me, well, life has required that, with due respect to my great age Cool, that I chill, almost permanently. Unable to weld anymore, due to having a pacemaker fitted a few months back, so that's a bugger. My troublesome left knee, fair wear and tear and not a few two wheel incidents over the years, not withstanding, means my Suzuki footpegs are too far back for comfort, and my knee "locks", and the "Trumpet" hasn't got an electric boot! so... Well, enough about me, someone has to be doing something? surely.............................. Cry I could really do with another trike, but, there's the welding issue, so what's to do? answers on a new, crisp, £5 note please, address supplied! Morrag

Beware the Ides of March, But!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2019, 09:59:44 PM »

Hello stranger Smiley
I think they're all hiding mate.
I was getting lonely.
I'm sanding the back axle of the Pop, trying to smooth out the cast diff' housing before I try & spray it, (going to be a pain now it's getting colder).
Triker Pete had the same problem with welding & Pacemakers a few years ago. He eventually left the hobby & I haven't heard from him in ages, which is a shame. Is there no way of shielding yourself from the electricity? I don't suppose it's worth the risk of finding out the shield doesn't work though!

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2019, 09:41:31 AM »

Hi Andy, I have trawlled the net for info regarding pacemakers and electric welding, all to no avail with regard to an acceptable result😬it appears the high frequencies generated by the arc are not safely shielded! bugger. Coupled with that my wife, who you met, ho farad a brain haemorrage last May, and is still recovering, so a difficult year, so.....On the upside, my eldest son helped found a new motorcycle club locally, and we have a new grandson courtesy of my younger son's wife, so far from all bad!😊😊 I would like to build a light weght trike though, if I can figure a way around the welding problem so we shall see, but what ever, I'm still around........Morrag

the coppersmith

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2019, 11:49:44 AM »

I'm here, not doing much though, wife has been ill, all Okay now, just a bit slower. I intend to spend the winter in my man cave, finishing the rooster, I really wish I didn't bother now. But hey ho! onwards, the frog, Andy old bike, has been a real pain, I'm sure its cursed, endless fights with the clutch, and I cannot see what is wrong with it, but, it don't release, drags like hell, then suddenly works, Winter total pull apart I think. I'm in Plymouth, anyone want some welding sorted I'm up for it. Brazing too.
triker_Chewie

west aussie dreamer

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2019, 01:09:21 PM »

im all stalled out, project wise. working every moment i can as some weeks are leaner then others.
still got all the 42 chev bits in my shed but need time and money to start properly
been 3d printing a bit  actually. more difficult then first thought. not just a simple click on the "go" button

I hate when people compare Lemmy with God, i know he is great but he is not gonna be Lemmy, ever

If your Dad hasnt got a beard, you've got two Mums

Quote from: Manky Monkey
there's no point it lookin' pretty if we can't drive it. 
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2019, 03:47:45 PM »

We!l there you go then, there are indeed living souls amongst us!!😉, good oh. As regards the 'bike "smiffy", I feel it's masquerading as a Trumpet!😂 and if you were closer,  would of course take advantage of your kind offer of welding assistance, but it's a route I shall persue locally, thanks for the idea though, Morrag

stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2019, 05:52:45 PM »

I saw trikerpete a couple of months ago, hes doing the odd bit of wood turning, but has health issues too, I'm still doing work on the Spanish house..waiting for the workshop to arrive 🤞😁

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2019, 10:45:29 PM »

Nice to know there's still life out there Smiley
I think we all tend to slow down over the Winter & go into hybernation mode. I certainly do. After walking the streets delivering the Mail all day in the cold & the rain, I often feel like just climbing into bed until it's time to start again the next day, (& sometimes do exactly that). So I don't blame anyone for giving the garage a miss for a while.
I'm just pleased you're still here Smiley

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
minimutly

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2019, 06:03:37 PM »

Re the lightweight trike thing morrag, I really miss my kawasaki 750, and if it wasn't for it being hard tail I would likely have kept it. Whatever you do, don't have a hard tail made.
Plenty of failed builds/projects out there, could you take one on?
maybe you need an apprentice to pass on your skills to - sort of quid pro quo?
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2019, 05:26:51 PM »

An interesting idea, however being in darkest West Wales as I am I fear anyone who might be interested, is rather too far away, sadly! But I am now thinking along the lines of acquiring a 650/700cc Honda "V" twin, late 80's omwards, and a Reliant axle as a start, so if anyone has/knows of such, let me know please Wink..Morrag.

stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2019, 06:31:23 PM »

Why go for the reliant axle?  Much better available out there good sir

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
minimutly

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2019, 07:20:42 PM »

Big no to the reliant axle, the only option that gives is a swingarm conversion... well maybe that's ok...
Personally i'd go for an irs back end. I passed on an xj750 with a blown engine project a year or so ago, should have bought it.
And you are not sir, in the deepest, darkest bit of Wales, I think I'm something like 50 miles West of you.
Come the spring and me and my vmax trike will come across to meet you - m&p cafe or somewhere?
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2019, 07:28:04 PM »

Sounds good, shall look forward to it! Shocked..Morrag

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2019, 10:04:14 PM »

Reliant (or similar - they're like hens teeth now!) axle looks much better than IRS!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: