March 28, 2024, 09:28:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: To be a surgery nurse / Operating Department Practitioner / Support worker💖  (Read 1926 times)
Tony oily bike

« on: September 19, 2019, 09:58:47 AM »

Something away from the normal MMM stuff, but from reading various posts from MMM folk over the years, folk's health sometimes features, so when I was sent this from a friend who works in our NHS in an operating theatre, I thought I'd share it - IMHP well worth a read and a bit of reflection............

💖Dedicated to all my friends/Colleagues 🥰

To be a surgery nurse/ Operating Department Practitioner/Support workers💖

From the time you put the blue scrubs on your family comes second.
Long days, long cases, no lunch, no breaks.
An incision is made with hope for a cure, but the cancer has spread and you close without closure.
The baby is born but no breath is taken.
999 has been called. A&E starts the code. Surgery is notified. An incision is made. The bleeding won't stop. The injury is too severe.
Compressions are done but no pulse returns. Breaths are given but the sats keep falling. Beep beep beep .................
No time to rest. No time to stop. The next add on is here. The surgeon awaits. No time to grieve. No place to hide. Your shift is just started.
Rarely do you hear praise, or a pat on the back. The patients don't remember your name or that you prayed with them at the start. The surgeons concerned with what is next, why aren't we in the room?
You are the unsung hero. The person without a voice. You are beaten, broken, tired, and ready to go again. You have no quit. You just keep going. Day after day. Call hour after call hour you keep doing what it is that you do.
Calm fears. Hold hands. Save lives.
They may not remember who you were or what you did for them, but you do. You know that they are able to see their kids, grand kids, husbands, wives, parents, and friends again because you were there for them at all hours of the day or night.
To all my co-workers, and to all the Surgery nurses/ techs everywhere. Thank you for what you do. Thank you for who you are.
I know what you do. I know what you give up. I know the impact on your health and on your families. I know that you wouldn't change it for the world. We are Surgery 💖we are Outstanding.💖💖
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 08:24:31 AM by Tony oily bike » Logged

There's nowt as light as a hole, so add lightness.

Our lady of blessed acceleration, don't fail me now! - Elwood Blues

Nitro doesn't add power, it multiplies it! Bob Loux, running 10.07 secs @138mph on a 650 normally aspirated Triumph drag bike in 1965!

"Incontinence Hotline" - please hold.
Dslam

Wot ho chaps, its bloody Whitworth!!

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2019, 05:06:37 PM »

Hear hear Tony.
Much is made of the sacrifice of our blue light responders and rightly so, but little is said of those outside the limelight that do work of immeasurable importance too.
The NHS is nothing without its staff. Not just the surgeons and doctors but the nursing staff and the people in the operating theaters that the public rarely meet or even see. The people who have to clear up after us the list goes on. To everyone who gives more that they take Cheers......& Thank you.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2019, 08:55:34 PM »

Absolutely.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Olds

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2019, 05:24:43 AM »

Amen.

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2019, 06:37:20 AM »

My daughter in law works in A&E ,my cousin is an Ambulance driver, his wife works in surgery..overworked and underpaid..but love the job..and will tell you such lovely funny stories..it's not all doom and gloom 😎👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
JayJay

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2019, 08:42:27 AM »

Thanks for the reminder Tony. I try to give thanks for the many that work hard for us in a multitude of different jobs. Though I often remember NHS workers, it was good to be reminded not only of their hard work, which is pretty much a given, but also about the emotions they go through and the impact their jobs have on their families and even their own health, which are not so obvious.

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2019, 11:19:25 AM »

There are also other jobs that we don't really think about the distress they may cause to those who do them.  I knew a vehicle recovery driver who had to give up the job because he went to so many horrific accidents the things he saw were making him depressed.

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: