April 20, 2024, 09:13:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Canned water  (Read 2071 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« on: September 16, 2019, 09:25:26 PM »

Never seen this before.
Canned still & sparkling water. I guess it's more recyclable than plastic & the cans felt ice cold, although the cabinet was only moderately chilled, but 2 quid a can? I drink a lot of bottled water on my Postal delivery during the Summer months, but could buy 4 bottles of Evian for that.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 09:26:07 PM »

stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2019, 10:05:26 PM »

It's a modern hand grenade 😨

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
Olds

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2019, 07:32:25 AM »

I really don't get the regularly buying water, especially still water, in a bottle (let alone in a can) thing.
Whats wrong with filling a bottle, canteen or flask, from a tap ?
Reuse rather than recycle.

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2019, 12:47:25 PM »

I would Dave, but don't have access to a tap during my 5 hour delivery span. I do, however, pass a Tesco Metro. A few weeks ago we were delivering in 90 degree heat -you really do need to keep hydrated.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 12:49:15 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

JayJay

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2019, 08:54:24 AM »

Perhaps the Royal Mail need to add a bottle holder to the push cart a lot of you use (don't most of you now?).

I do buy a 12 pack of bottled water in the Spring and then re-use the bottles for the rest of the year by refilling them from the tap. Once the really hot weather kicks in I have about 5 in the fridge, rotating and refilling them throughout the day. All get recycled in the end. You can't do that with a can unless it comes with a completely leak proof stopper and I would hazard a guess that would be pretty hard to do.

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2019, 11:16:49 AM »

I buy big containers of water from the supermarket to fill the tank in my campervan now, cos our local water is so full of limescale it clogs up the electric pump and electric tap.  Had to have them fixed and of course the pump casing is plastic but not recyclable.  The empty bottles are great for taking water to plants in the garden, they fit in my garden walker and are better than a watering can as the water makes a puddle instead of sprinkling which helps tp prevent it evaporating rather than going into the earth.

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: