March 29, 2024, 11:59:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: fuel pump  (Read 1989 times)
gpz

« on: September 11, 2019, 06:49:22 PM »

ive got a mechanical fuel pump on my rialto trike it has an inlet and outlet on it but I cant find any arrows to tell me which way round it goes
anybody got any ideas before I get it wrong the Haynes manual seems to show a different pump
Olds

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2019, 09:04:19 PM »

There are several different pumps.
If it's the one with plastic spigots the the one nearest the engine and angle down is the inlet.
Cast aluminium top with centre bolt and brass spigots, the one that points down at an angle should be the inlet.
Not sure on the one with female threaded ports but I think that one may have arrows cast in to the top.

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
gpz

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 09:15:58 PM »

this one has the 2 outlets running parallel to the engine both are horizontal cant see any sigh of any arrows, i don't know if there is any way of testing it as the pump I assume won't run till the engine is running anyway thanks for the suggestions all help appreciated
Olds

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 09:40:55 PM »

The pump is mechanical and operates off a cam. Engine doesn't need to actually be running for it to pump. Crank the engine or remove the pump and push the lever. You should be able to feel which one is the outlet.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 09:44:14 PM by Olds » Logged

gpz

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2019, 07:08:53 AM »

thanks very much olds I will do that help much appreciated
Olds

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2019, 02:52:13 PM »

No probs. Sounds like you have a the type of pump fitted to the 700 & 750 engines fitted to the Bond Bug and early Robins etc.

gpz

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2019, 08:17:02 PM »

it could be it was supposed to be a rialto but I suppose it could have been changed ,the Haynes manual shows a different pump so who knows at least now I know how to find the flow and return
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: