March 29, 2024, 06:50:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: What's Happening with Mankymonkey?  (Read 9182 times)
stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« on: August 08, 2019, 06:26:44 AM »

Hiya guys just a question really?  It's gone REALLY quite on here as of late?  Nobody is posting stuff, no pictures? Are we all too busy? Have we all gone on holiday?
I'd post pictures but I can't find a decent App for my tablet that's easy to use?  (Down Sizer) and it's got to be simple because I don't understand technology in regards to computers or phones?  Shocked and I have tried loads of apps in an attempt to post? 🤬 Cheesy

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
the coppersmith

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2019, 09:00:35 AM »

Im doing bits, but my health has taken a knock at present. I'll ask my friend who is an Apple guru about apps for resizing. My new iphone gives an automatic choice of sizes but the ipad doesnt.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2019, 10:55:31 AM »

Yes, it's gone quiet, but I can't force people to post if they don't want to.
Any suggestions?

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Olds

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2019, 01:43:02 PM »

Not doing anything vehicle related (though I have bought a Yank as my daily) due to a combination of too much to do around the cottage and neck problems limiting movement.
Trike has run out of MOT and bikes have not been ridden since moving here.  Cry

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
stinkey

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2019, 03:22:34 PM »

iPhone stuff won't work on Samsung tablets  Undecided suggestions.. update the site 😊👍please please..but keep it simple

Archie

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2019, 08:43:32 PM »

Imminent wedding!

But next week should hopefully start powering on with the 4 wheeled heap
triker_Chewie

west aussie dreamer

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2019, 10:52:50 AM »

ive been 3d printing!

I hate when people compare Lemmy with God, i know he is great but he is not gonna be Lemmy, ever

If your Dad hasnt got a beard, you've got two Mums

Quote from: Manky Monkey
there's no point it lookin' pretty if we can't drive it. 
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2019, 03:26:23 PM »

I'm still building my Pop, but progress is slow & not very photo worthy. There don't seem to be so many projects on the go these days.
Unfortunately the guy who was going to rebuild the website for me died a couple of weeks ago, (Simon Pollock). I got a quote from a commercial Web company a couple of years ago -they wanted 1 1/2 grand to build a very, very basic version of the site.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
stinkey

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2019, 04:40:46 PM »

😱😥🤬

minimutly

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2019, 06:51:40 PM »

I've part exed my hard tail for a vmax, which is now in bits. Last ride was a blast down the main street in Keighley..
JayJay

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2019, 01:02:06 AM »

Imminent wedding!

Congrats Archie. If you've already had the wedding, I hope it went well and if not, have a super day and really enjoy it. Either way, post a couple of pics of you in your finery. You're a handsome lad and I need cheering up!  Wink Cheesy

Is there a honeymoon?

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2019, 03:57:25 PM »

I will hazard a guess Mr M, excellent site though it is, the clientele are getting old!!....older Shocked, less endeavour, me, probably the last throw of the projects dice was my three wheeler, so, difficult. we need some young blood I fear. Who knows, in a while things may pick up, although I fear a drift downwards as of now. don't mean to be negative but I have seen it happen with many forms of Car/ motorcycling clubs etc. over my lifetime, but hey, what do I know! so I'll just carry on listening to Eddy Cochrane  whilst typing this load of old drivel, Grin... Morrag

Beware the Ides of March, But!
stinkey

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2019, 06:51:43 PM »

Every one and his brother is actually on Facebook/ twatter/Instagram nowadays..which is the problem I think you may find?  I hate it 🤬full of people bad mouthing each other

morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2019, 07:50:19 PM »

Stinkey, I have used PC's and laptops etc for 25 years, and never found the need to "keep in touch" via any " social media" sites, social bloody media, now there's a contradiction in terms if ever I saw one, and I can just hear the howls of indignation from the twitter, Face Book, and myriad of other clones of the same ilk, but bugger it, do I need a system that encourages outrages like self harming, bullying, etc, etc, by faceless punters, hiding behind their on-line personas, on....." social media", I think not, so.....yep, I also believe it has an input into the demise of such valuable outlets as this site, well there you go, Morrag. ps. does anyone pick up a phone, send an "E" mail, or, God forbid, talk face to face anymore! Huh Huh

Beware the Ides of March, But!
minimutly

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2019, 11:10:41 PM »

Well morrag (my nearest mankey neighbour as it happens), I couldn't agree with you more. Leave the arsebook  fetishists to it, life's too short.
We should organise a west wales meet....
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: