April 23, 2024, 06:20:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: RIP Simon Pollock  (Read 6347 times)
JayJay

« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2019, 12:51:19 AM »

Thanks for posting the pics. I can see what you mean about the style of the funeral. More celebration of his life and his favourite things than solemnity. Bet the rum and hog roast went down well. It beats sarnies. I hope Simon's family got some comfort from the many people who turned up to remember him.

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2019, 10:01:02 PM »

Somebody commented afterwards that they left feeling "strangely uplifted". That's a very good description. I felt the same. Not sad, just feeling positive. We've said Goodbye & can move on.
One last thing -Simon shared a workshop with Miles Sherlock of Jackhammer hotrod supply. Miles's latest project is the Flatlands Motorama hotrod show in Rosmalen, Holland. It's a bigger, classier version of the previous Rocking Jalopys show, that we took the Pop to back in 2013. Simon organised the "lowbrow" art display at the innaugral show last year, bringing together artists from all over Europe. Next year's art section will now be in memory of Simon/Big Nef.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2019, 06:36:04 PM »

A fuel tank on show at the Sema trade car show in Las Vegas this week, featuring Simon.
How many non celebrity people inspire this kind of love? Very few.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: