March 28, 2024, 10:59:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: “Lock Stock” – a Royal Enfield special  (Read 8592 times)
Tony oily bike

« on: May 04, 2019, 01:04:05 PM »

A friend pointed me in the direction of this – “Lock Stock” – a Royal Enfield special, which was unveiled at London’s Bike Shed Show in May 2018.

The following two sites give details for those interested.
https://thebikeshed.cc/royal-enfield-lock-stock/
https://amcn.com.au/editorial/royal-enfield-lock-stock-2/

Whilst Royal Enfields are far from the most common machine to be seen in the straight-line world of motorcycle sport, a couple of (realativly recent) shots of a rather tidy blown (supercharged) Royal Enfield Constellation (prob from about 1958 - 1963) can be seen in this thread, in period trim with spoked wheels and 4” Racemaster slick.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 01:12:41 PM by Tony oily bike » Logged

There's nowt as light as a hole, so add lightness.

Our lady of blessed acceleration, don't fail me now! - Elwood Blues

Nitro doesn't add power, it multiplies it! Bob Loux, running 10.07 secs @138mph on a 650 normally aspirated Triumph drag bike in 1965!

"Incontinence Hotline" - please hold.
Tony oily bike

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2019, 01:04:40 PM »

The LHS

Nitro doesn't add power, it multiplies it! Bob Loux, running 10.07 secs @138mph on a 650 normally aspirated Triumph drag bike in 1965!

Tony oily bike

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2019, 01:05:13 PM »

With rider

Tony oily bike

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2019, 01:07:09 PM »

Period / nostalgia supercharged Royal Enfield Constellation, in period trim with spoked wheels and 4” Racemaster slick.

Tony oily bike

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2019, 01:08:08 PM »

Period / nostalgia supercharged Royal Enfield Constellation, in period trim with spoked wheels and 4” Racemaster slick, getting the engine running using rollers.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2019, 02:26:49 PM »

I like the vintage sprinter.
I didn't think modern Enfield's had enough oomph for serious racing, although it looks like that one's running Nitrous too.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2019, 07:13:15 AM »

Definitely prefer the old one Cool

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
Tony oily bike

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2019, 07:47:16 AM »

I like the vintage sprinter.
I didn't think modern Enfield's had enough oomph for serious racing, although it looks like that one's running Nitrous too.

The engine has been tweaked a tad as one of the websites tells us...........

Starting out with the stock 648cc motor which delivered a claimed 47hp at the crank at 7100rpm, and 52Nm of torque at 4000 revs, S&S bored out and presumably also stroked the Royal Enfield engine to measure 865cc – oh, hello Triumph! – without any modification to the crankcases or cylinders, although the exact dimensions are secret.

Improvements include a high-performance camshaft, plus forged conrods on the stock but stroked forged crank, which carry high-compression forged pistons. These deliver a much higher 12.4:1 compression ratio in conjunction with a CNC-ported cylinder head, which now requires an oil cooler to cope with the increase in performance. The multipoint sequential EFI now features S&S’s own ECU, matched to larger 38mm throttle bodies and a high-flow injector kit. The racing exhaust features slash-cut custom headers, with straight-through pipes and no silencer.

All the pinions in the stock six-speed gearbox have been undercut, and are matched to a high-performance clutch kit and a quickshifter system controlled by two buttons mounted on the left handlebar. The nitrous is programmed to kick in at 4000rpm, and the engine redlines at 8500rpm, with a soft limiter one hundred revs lower.
“Over 100hp” at the rear wheel at 7040 rpm is all that S&S or Enfield will admit to with Stage 1 nitrous, but they’re quite specific about the torque: 113.61Nm at 5840rpm. Impressive!

They say it has basically double the power and double the torque of a stock engine.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2019, 01:06:10 PM »

I always thought Enfields were steady old plodders. Didn't realise you could get that much power out of them.

Tony oily bike

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2019, 06:39:14 AM »

I always thought Enfields were steady old plodders. Didn't realise you could get that much power out of them.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, but Lock Stock is a modified new Royal Enfield.

RE launched the new road-going Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 in (I think) 2018, powered by a parallel twin 650cc, OHC, 270 degree crank, 4 valve head, fuel injection, electric start (no kick), mated to a 6 speed box.
On the road price in the UK is around the £5,500 mark for the Interceptor, and a couple of hundred more for the GT.

Pics of the new RE twins

Tony oily bike

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2019, 06:39:58 AM »

Continental GT

RE website for pics, videos & prices
https://www.royalenfield-uk.co.uk/index
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 06:43:32 AM by Tony oily bike » Logged

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2019, 08:20:28 AM »

I like that orange roadster, (reminds me of the UK spec XS650). Very nice.

the coppersmith

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2019, 11:25:51 AM »

I had an original Continental GT, 250, lovely red. From brand new it leaked oil. In the end after a year of arging, I got a brand new one in exchange, 3 monthes down the road it started doing the same. Quick gunking and swapped it in for a lovely oil tight Honda. Seems Enfield were reknown for the leaks 
Tony oily bike

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2019, 11:53:49 AM »

I had an original Continental GT, 250, lovely red. From brand new it leaked oil. In the end after a year of arging, I got a brand new one in exchange, 3 monthes down the road it started doing the same. Quick gunking and swapped it in for a lovely oil tight Honda. Seems Enfield were reknown for the leaks 

mmmm, R"oil" Enfield  Cheesy

Olds

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2019, 12:42:39 PM »

mmmm, R"oil" Enfield  Cheesy
We knew them as Royal Oilfield.  Smiley
Not if you build them right.  My 500 Bullet was oil tight after I lapped all the mating faces with valve grinding paste. Damned slow, tedious job and had to be really careful about cleaning afterwards.

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: