April 23, 2024, 10:30:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sad News  (Read 1655 times)
JayJay

« on: March 27, 2019, 09:14:39 PM »

First Morrag loses Buddy, and now I'm so sad to say that Alfie has been put to sleep today. The vet thinks he had a blood clot. Alfie, as many of you know, was an English Bull Terrier and even though the Bully breed is known to be amazingly loving and delightfully funny, Alfie had these characteristics in spades and was loved by all that met him, especially the ladies,  Kiss Wink and Chevy Rick and I are going to miss him terribly.

He arrived 9 years and just over a week ago. He was fully grown (15 months) as he was a rescue from down in Shepton Mallett. We first met him at one of the shows there and he always seemed to recognise the air down there whenever we returned. Indeed for the first 5-6 years he came with Rick and I to all the shows but he especially loved the Hotride Hayride. He always knew which chalet to return to year after year and all our neighbours, who were also regulars, always invited him in to say hello. It was like he owned the place.  Roll Eyes

The past few years have been quieter, with Alfie preferring to snooze but hey, we all get that!  Smiley

Just out of interest, I wondered how many posts Alfie had appeared in - 3 pages worth. He really did get about.  Cool

Anyway, I just wanted to share the news and a few final photos of Alfie.

JJ

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
scannerzer

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2019, 10:53:51 PM »

So sorry to hear that JayJay, it's never easy but at least he had a brilliant life of love and fun
oldmetalhead82

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2019, 10:55:26 PM »

Sorry to hear about Alfie, we have  not had a dog for  some years about twenty i think but i can still remember how i felt  when i took CJ our Dalmatian to be put to sleep and afterwards when they are no longer there, CJ was also a rescue dog.                                                                                                                                    Dave.

A MANS GOT TO DO WHAT A MANS GOT TO DO,               AND I DID IT OVER THERE   ------>>>>>>>>
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2019, 10:55:56 PM »

That's sad JJ.
I met him several times. He'll definitely be missed.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
TwistedPatience

Teetering on the edge of insanity

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2019, 05:55:43 AM »

So sorry to hear Alfie has crossed the golden bridge. I know what it's like to loose a good dog. Thoughts are with you and Rick.

"It's time to raise the Finger,
That middle digit takes your point and drives it home"
Olds

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2019, 08:25:42 AM »

Really sorry to hear this JJ. He was such a lovely character. Cry

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
terry t

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2019, 08:38:31 AM »

So sorry to hear this JJ. Alfie will be missed not only by you and Rick
merv

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2019, 04:37:21 PM »

Sorry to hear that Alfie has passed over, i to know how you feel having  had two German shepherds. I would have another but Sharon don't like dogs.

Why do every five minute job take all day, and
if it can go wrong it will go wrong
the coppersmith

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2019, 05:59:23 PM »

Hi JJ, so sad to hear this, better start posting pics of Ralphy in respect of Alfie  Cry Cry
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2019, 07:45:28 PM »

It's tough......................

Beware the Ides of March, But!
JayJay

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2019, 01:50:54 AM »

Cheers all. Like you say, a lot of us have been here before.

Just a thought, but with dogs living 7 yrs to our 1, perhaps that's why they pack so much love into our lives while they are with us.  Smiley

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2019, 09:48:35 PM »

So sorry to hear that lovely Alfie is no longer with you - we know they'll go before us but it doesn't make it hurt less, they are family!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: