March 29, 2024, 09:16:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: Moving up North.  (Read 12892 times)
stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2019, 05:55:05 AM »

I have a similar problem looming down south, the old water storage tank ( hole in the ground) which is littered with rocks..last time I was there I found a rather large snake which was struggling to get out, poor thing was close to death..so I hooked him out and placed him in the sunshine hoping he would warm up and recover but he died😥..next morning he was gone something had carried him off during the night 🍽🥨🍝..I'm thinking this will become an underground larder? ☢

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
minimutly

« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2019, 08:51:07 AM »

Oh bXXXXXX.
Spent two hours pumping out the pit but this morning there's 7" of water in the bottom. Looks like I will have to wait till we get a long dry spell so that the water table drops, then tank the damned thing.
I know that this is unlikely to fully cure it but hopefully, combined with a suspended floor, I can get it to the point that it doesn't need pumping out every time I want to use it.
The steel frame in the pic is a heavy steel bench frame, that needs cutting up so that I can lift it out. There is also a pair of massive steel wheel ramps dumped down there
The one I built at our old place used to fill to the top, just short of the boards!
I had a sump in the corner and a li'l pump which ran itself.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2019, 01:20:50 PM »

Looks like you've gained a new project Dave. If everything was perfect it'd be no fun Smiley

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Olds

« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2020, 05:43:35 AM »

Well we have been here a year and now that I've got most of the cottage sorted, I thought, as it's been so dry, it was  time to sort out that inspection pit.
Hauled out the massive pair of ramps and shelving unit, then cut up the steel bench frame with the plasma cutter. After sweeping and scrubbing we applied four coats of tanking slurry.
Need to fabricate steps sometime, but a ladder does for now and i'm looking forward to not having to lay on cold concrete while working on cars on axle stands.
The trike is just about wide enough to get it's arse over the pit but it's very, VERY close.
 Now to think about a vehicular project.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 05:47:42 AM by Olds » Logged

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2020, 06:43:18 AM »

Certainly looks good, amazing how time flies by?  We've been working non stop here and still not even looked at my underground water tank 😁...another project dave?

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
Olds

« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2020, 08:35:40 AM »

Thinking about it. Still gathering bits for the bantam but looking for a, not sure what,  project. Undecided

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
JayJay

« Reply #66 on: June 09, 2020, 06:03:15 PM »

Gosh, that has gone quickly. Glad you've managed to get a lot of the work done that you wanted to do. Must be very satisfying.

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: