April 19, 2024, 06:06:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rollin' rollin,' rollin'  (Read 11379 times)
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2019, 06:15:06 PM »

Good idea, it will give your bruised bits more time to heal!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2019, 08:04:50 PM »

How about an alternative hobby, like Duvet Rolling for instance, or Parachute Packing, or.....well I'm sure you get my drift Mr. M!! Grin Grin Grin

Beware the Ides of March, But!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2019, 09:01:13 PM »

Stamp collecting!
I really don't want to admit defeat & give up. I'm enjoying the challenge of learning something completely new, but just wish it wasn't quite so painful!
Every adult I talk to, learnt to skate as kids & are back in the groove within minutes of starting again. I never, ever skated, so I'm starting completely from scratch, with the added handicap of being nearly 60 years old! It's tough.
Still aching, but it's easing. Probably O.K for work again on Monday. I'm not bothered about Royal Mail, but don't want to let my van buddy down.
The skate sessions I've been going to have become full of small children. Kids are totally unpredictable -half are on skates & the rest are siblings that their parents have brought along -they run around the hall, usually looking in the opposite direction to where they're running. They kick foam footballs about, throw soft play frisbees, swing foam wands around & scatter stuff all over the floor. The organisers are lovely people & believe in teaching kids to skate through play -but it's a nightmare if you're an unsteady adult just trying to master the basics. I'm trying to learn while desperately avoiding the obstacles. Apparently punching small children in the head's frowned upon, but I'd probably do more damage to myself by swinging a punch on skates anyway.
The people I bought the new boots from also run beginners sessions down in Dorset. They have a skate disco once a week, followed by an adult beginners hour where they assign a "skate marshal" to newbies. The Dorset one is later in the evening & about an hour's drive away, so about the same as reaching the Guildford session in the evening rush hour. Not trying to blame my own ineptitude on small gits ...children, but maybe that would be a better environment to gain my confidence in. I'm not going to risk trying again before my Japanese holiday in about 10 days time, so will give next week's session a miss -but Tokyo has a purpose built roller rink & it's s-o-o tempting! Smiley
« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 09:06:48 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #63 on: November 08, 2019, 11:34:17 PM »

Bought a new pair of Death Boots today.
Might be a while before I get round to trying again, but I'm determined to master skating eventually.
Something to do indoors on Winter evenings.
I hear A & E is nice at this time of year Smiley

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2019, 08:30:41 AM »

I was just thinking the same thing 😨

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: