April 25, 2024, 11:21:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Drivers of German cars are worst on road  (Read 1308 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« on: December 24, 2018, 03:48:13 PM »

Drivers of BMW, Audi & Mercedes models have the most motoring convictions & have been found at fault in more insurance claims than any other according to a survey by Go Compare Insurance.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
minimutly

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2018, 03:54:55 PM »

That pretty much ties in with what I see on the road most days (well actually on the motorways). C...k cars....
Archie

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2018, 09:31:27 PM »

Interestingly enough I would put the top 5 down to typical sales rep type company cars
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2018, 10:25:52 PM »

Not having a go at your choice of car Archie, but this caught my eye because I drove to Norfolk & back a couple of days ago. Took 3 hours to get there & 6 to get back. I got stuck in queues behind 6 different accidents on the M11 & M25. Every one involved an Audi or a BMW.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
minimutly

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2018, 12:04:16 AM »

And not all (probably not even half) company cars are reps - you have up an coming management types, who, lets face it, are paid to be c..ks, so no suprises thats how they drive...
SteveRedd

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2019, 03:14:14 PM »

Funnily enough I live on the North Norfolk coast also know locally as Chelsea by the Sea. We have 60 to 80 per cent holiday homes in the villages around here and almost all are London Holiday homes. Every friday night there is a massive influx of Audis, Porsches, Range Rovers, BMW's mostly black and invariably with black tinted windows. These large, top end models are immaculate and will never get off the road on single track roads...... unless I'm driving my Chevy Truck Grin Grin ( K2500)  They drive at stupid speeds to get the pub to consume vast quantities of Designer Gin or Prosseco all weekend and drive the local food and drink prices through the roof, not to mention the house prices. With 2 bed end of terrace cottages making £300,000 and small bungalows being bought for £500,000 to be demolished for a  building plot for a £3,000,000 house....I just love 'em

Growing up is Optional
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2019, 08:31:45 PM »

Steve, I really cannot see anyway to combat this malaise, but I support your sentiments, really, as the same can be said for so many , what were, small, insignificant, places in this fair land, until money took over, now........its a bugger, Morrag

Beware the Ides of March, But!
JayJay

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2019, 10:52:16 PM »

SteveRedd: Every friday night there is a massive influx of Audis, Porsches, Range Rovers, BMW's mostly black and invariably with black tinted windows.

Hopefully the salty air will take the shine off!  Wink

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
SteveRedd

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2019, 01:57:25 PM »

Or me Chevy truck  Cheesy

Morrag you are unfortunately correct...money types screw everything up

Growing up is Optional
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: