March 28, 2024, 11:04:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Basingstoke  (Read 1997 times)
phunkie hiboy

« on: January 07, 2019, 05:53:07 PM »

Any ideas what might be happening about this, this year?

Built without compromise, by the more luck than judgment method.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 07:51:03 PM »

It's on Sunday the 12th of May I believe.
After last year's lack of interest, I thought it was probably time to give it a rest. We've done a dozen or so & our last official pitch, (the year before last), saw our best ever attendance. Go out on a high?
Terry T stepped in last year & brought a few friends along -plus your good self if I remember right, (I often don't), but I think we've done our bit to support the show. No reason why we can't meet up there though, or any other event. I'm determined to have my truck on the road this Spring & will be covering as many miles as possible -coming to a show near you soon! Smiley
I'd like to personally thank each & every one of you who's made the effort to come along over those years.
It was fun wasn't it? Smiley

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
terry t

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 02:33:20 PM »

If there not going to be a meeting for MMM. can you let me know who to contact for five passes. thanks
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 06:28:40 PM »

They usually contact me Terry.
I get a hand delivered envelope through the door. I've got a mate who used to be a marshal. I'll give him a shout for you.

terry t

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 06:37:08 PM »

They usually contact me Terry.
I get a hand delivered envelope through the door. I've got a mate who used to be a marshal. I'll give him a shout for you.
Thanks Andy.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2019, 08:14:22 PM »

Bizarrely, the hand delivered envelope arrived today!
It was on the doormat when I got home from work. I've no idea who delivers it -presumably one of the organising committee who lives locally. Anyway, this year's show is being co-hosted by the council & the Rotary Club. The letter included a list of contacts & a club registration form.
I've put it in the Post to you Terry.

terry t

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2019, 12:07:13 PM »

Hi Andy the form arrived today will have a read. thanks
terry t

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2019, 09:33:24 AM »

Update.

Having gone through all the forms and spoken to the organizers I have decided not to organize this meeting.

The Thorneycroft society are running it on the day. but it is being managed and organize by Basingstoke Dean Rotary

All Club stands will need to have public liability insurance to enter and

Entries must be entered in a clean, complete & safe working condition. Substitute entries only allowed by prior arrangement with the organiser. 2. All entries must be

INSURED against all THIRD PARTY RISKS, fully licensed and tested in accordance with regulations applicable to that type of vehicle for road use. The organisers reserve the

right to ask for proof of these items. ENTRIES MAY NOT BE RUN ON

If you want to go you can enter as a individual.

I have informed them and passed the forms over to a american car club.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2019, 03:11:04 PM »

I knew as soon as the Rotary Club involved themselves it'd end up bogged down in red tape -I've heard of them doing the same to several shows in the past.
A real shame as we had some great times there, but it sounds like we were right to call it a day, especially as we ended on a high with our best ever attendance.

terry t

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2019, 04:09:41 PM »

I knew as soon as the Rotary Club involved themselves it'd end up bogged down in red tape -I've heard of them doing the same to several shows in the past.
A real shame as we had some great times there, but it sounds like we were right to call it a day, especially as we ended on a high with our best ever attendance.

Its all Paper work and Health and Saftey now. Even if you went there as a car booker selling you will need liability insurance and have a mini risk assesment package in place.

Like you said Andy the Group went out on a good meeting in 2017.
the coppersmith

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2019, 07:41:26 PM »

I have always attended South Cerney show. That has gone the same way now, public liability elf and safety. Not going this year, their loss.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2019, 08:06:53 PM »

It's a shame.
I shouldn't single out the Rotary Club as they do some wonderful work, but it seems to be full of well meaning retired folk with nothing to do, who like to take charge of events & tell the guys who've been running it for donkeys years how to do it -then immediately bugger it up.
I've got a friend who was an organiser & marshal at the B/stoke show. He & his entire club have pulled out this year.

stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2019, 09:53:05 PM »

I'm glad we had a part in making it a great showing guy's?  And yes H&S and insurance caused me to stop doing stands at bike events..sad to say the UK is going down the pan more and more  Shocked

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2019, 09:16:06 PM »

Yeah, you made a huge difference that year with your truck full of projects Smiley
It was good while it lasted & I wish them well, but it's time to step down. I think Loony's planning in taking a couple of vehicles with some mates this year. It'll be nice to attend just as a normal punter for once.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: