April 26, 2024, 05:47:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Everyone alright?  (Read 2864 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« on: December 02, 2018, 09:35:36 AM »

We've sunk into that Winter low again haven't we.
The weather's rubbish, it's dark by 4.o.clock, nobody's building anything or going anywhere. Nothing to talk about.
I've suffered a succession of niggly aches & pains lately -a stomach bug, twisted ankle, hurt my neck & now I've hurt my back. Not spectacular or life changing injuries, but enough to make me feel miserable & unmotivated. I really don't feel like spending the evenings in a cold garage working on my truck, although I've got a deadline to aim for.
So I've got nothing to report.
Anyone doing anything? Anything at all? Or should we all just meet up here again in the Spring? Smiley

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
TwistedPatience

Teetering on the edge of insanity

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2018, 10:09:54 AM »

Still plodding on here kids keeping us busy. I'm kitting my mill out with digital read outs to make it easier to use.
Just had a new knee brace fitted and been offered a partial knee replacement which will probably be done next year. Diagnosed with depression a few months ago caused by work and having my benefits taken away, on the mend now tho. Trike is probably better condition than I am and is certainly faster than I can handle now, still riding every day tho.

"It's time to raise the Finger,
That middle digit takes your point and drives it home"
stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2018, 10:21:32 AM »

Yes..the rain is stopping me doing stuff on the trailer,and my lungs and bones find it difficult to function in the workshop when it's damp..not having any Money is a right pain,and I too am facing losing my benefits soon..which is enough to depress me more..but thankfully I don't really suffer from that..it's just that time of the year I guess ? And tbh it's only actually a few of us that write/post on here,most just watch from afar ? Cry

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
paulywombats

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2018, 10:58:20 AM »

Still here team leader.

Recently got a new job and still playing in my Blues/Rock band (drummer for my sins).

After completing my trike conversion of a Honda ST1100 I am looking for my next project.

I pick up a 'B' axle in the summer and have started the strip down. I really want to swap out the tubes, but need to decide what to build so I can decide on axle width. Maybe a ST1300 with removal of all the ABS parts.

I thought I was wrong once, it turned out I was incorrect!
Living on a wing and a weld
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2018, 11:11:36 AM »

I'm up to my neck here with trying to get the house sorted because Mike had a fall (at the pub!) and broke his hip, or rather the neck of the femur, so he's in hospital having had that part replaced with a metal one, and Lucy's here with me helping me organise extra handrails on the stairs and rails in the loos and risers on his chair etc etc - meanwhile the gas oven has packed up, oh and my van had to have brakes done as well as a full service (££££££££  Shocked ) and we're getting a shower fitted instead of the bath.
All those things were on the cards anyway but they are all happening at once AND we're driving back and forth to the hospital most days......

And breathe.................

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
poprodder

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2018, 11:13:16 AM »

spending too much time on my daily.

the coppersmith

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2018, 07:41:09 PM »

well, I'm still here, happy smiling person. Building my kit up slowly, riding the frog to collect parts (when its dry). Hate the dark and the cold, but at 67 enjoying a flush of good health at the moment. Take care all. Monkeys rule OK
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2018, 08:46:03 PM »

Yup, I'm looking forward to warmer weather & finally escaping the garage!

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
terry t

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2018, 10:03:58 PM »

I'm struggling a bit got the rear end of the trike in bits and health issues have slowed it down. Sad 
spanners

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2018, 10:14:12 PM »

I,m still surviving , but times are tough  so wet and cold  my bones and muscles take forever to get going  ,, constant pain  but still getting about , spend most quality time with Mr Bon my Belgian malinois , rescue dog who is a little disabled due to having a front paw removed , but it dosn,t slow him down much I think he has a better quality of. Life than  me as I make sure he wants for nothing  and YES he has improved my life ,,
So  as soon as the weather and my health improves a little more I will be getting on with the M37  just studying and trying to decide what engine to fit in it. And yes I,m open to suggestions
Keep well and warm everyone

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
minimutly

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2018, 10:40:20 PM »

Grandkids taking up a lot of time, a few jobs on - MGXPAG engine (2 of them), just hoisted one mini shell up into the rafters, another will follow as soon as I empty it. That will give me some room to get at the gpz 500 reverse trike, and bring the yam xj650 home from work. Also getting the urge to finish rebuilding the class 6 autograss metro....
Olds

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2018, 07:16:39 AM »

Sorry you aren't doing great Andy. Winter is a miserable time to be out in all weathers. The wet weather always gets to me this time of year and working in a cold garage has lost all appeal at the moment. Any dry day if I'm up to it, I'll light the forge. Made a few Christmas gifts for family, but I can only manage a couple of hours before needing to stop.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 07:57:11 AM by Olds » Logged

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
Dslam

Wot ho chaps, its bloody Whitworth!!

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2018, 10:27:32 AM »

Just fired up my Norton ES2 rebuild for the first time.
Its been idle for about 40-50 years. Started first kick.
Now that doesn't happen every day!
stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2018, 05:41:25 PM »

Well it could if you tried ? Hehe..

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2018, 08:29:21 PM »

My brother had an ES2 with a "Garden Gate" frame, back in the day, the frame was bent so we did the obvious, superior engineering, fix, bent the handlebars to suit!! honestly.....well, you have too don't you? Cool..Morrag

Beware the Ides of March, But!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: