March 28, 2024, 04:27:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Remembrance Sunday  (Read 877 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« on: November 11, 2018, 09:36:45 PM »

I've been to the National Memorial Arboretum in Staffordshire today for the remembrance service.
A friend from work has a Mini so she & I joined the Mini Owners Club convoy up there.
A long day, (3 hours drive each way in a Mini), but worth it.
At the going down of the sun...
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 11:42:52 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2018, 10:46:45 PM »

My granddaughter today..a VERY proud grandad..and when she was diagnosed with physical/mental problems as a young child and told she would never be able to function normally ? Made me Very emotional ..

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 11:19:53 PM »

Lovely mini pic!

And that's great Stinkey!  My sister used to work in a special school where many of the children had that label stuck on them when they were young (I don't mean by the school, before that) - and lots of them went on to walk and talk and run and swim do lots of other stuff.
My brother was deaf and had some sort of learning disability - they said he would never talk but my mum persevered and he grew up and had a good job, worked most of his life, lived on his own.

The lucky ones are the ones where people don't give up on them!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2018, 07:11:37 AM »

Both of my daughters kids where born with problems,( I blame their Dad  Grin he was actually a problem child Shocked).. My daughter works with kids far worse than her own so that obviously helped.thankfully so far my 4 grand kids have turned out really well ? Tyler loves football,Eli likes the army, twiggy wants to teach dance,and Brandon ( autistic ) will most probably end up owning his own computer games company?

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: