April 24, 2024, 01:27:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Might be of interest as we support Monkey World  (Read 1806 times)
JayJay

« on: November 09, 2018, 08:03:52 PM »

Iceland have brought out a Christmas advert very unlike others but it has been banned.

If you watch the link, you have to wait until the orangutan is just about to leave the little girl's bedroom because that's where it gets quite gritty. I think it is very brave of Iceland but you would probably get lots of very upset little children unless it was shown after the watershed.

https://amp.lbc.co.uk/news/watch-iceland-christmas-ad-banned/

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2018, 08:46:22 PM »

Suprisingly moving.
Originally made by GreenPeace, then Iceland asked to use it.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 11:44:20 PM »

Clever bit of marketing by Iceland - it'll get seen more widely being shared on social media by all the people who say 'look at this advert, it's been banned from tv, share it so we can spread it around' - doing Iceland's advertising for them!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
JayJay

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2018, 02:39:29 AM »

True BG, but palm oil is causing many problems due to forests being cleared to farm it and at least they have removed it from Iceland products and are not stocking other products that contain it.

A friend of mine is vegan and she is very careful about what she eats but as a treat she buys various carob based bars such as rocky road and tiffin. They are very tasty and very moreish but when I read the ingredients they did include palm oil but it did state it was responsibly sourced. I assume that is from farms not causing havoc on natural habitats. Palm oil is in so much of what processed stuff we eat now, that it is quite shocking. Good reason to lay off processed stuff! Ha ha. Roll Eyes

Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2018, 02:20:35 PM »

I read somewhere that 'responsibly sourced' palm oil is not really checked on - the producers register it as such and no-one really checks!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
poprodder

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2018, 06:26:05 PM »

all the vegans and vegeterians eating soya are just causing as big a problem.

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2018, 08:22:28 PM »

And most soya is GM anyway.

poprodder

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2018, 08:51:36 AM »

they are cutting down swathes of rain forrest to grow soya.

JayJay

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2018, 09:06:44 AM »

Didn't realise that about soya.

JayJay

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2018, 02:14:37 AM »

Carrying on from the Palm Oil discussion, there is currently a petition that has come about after a young lad saw the Iceland advert. Some of you might like to support it. Hopefully this is the right link. JJ  Smiley

http://chng.it/bXWP9M9w

stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2018, 05:07:25 AM »

I've been a bit of an Armchair Warrior this past year..and signing online petitions..mainly with green peace ..one of the petitions was about Palm Oil, which appears to be successful ?

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: