April 18, 2024, 11:15:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]
  Print  
Author Topic: junkyard frog  (Read 52530 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #195 on: November 14, 2020, 05:01:50 PM »

Ouch!

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
the coppersmith

« Reply #196 on: November 14, 2020, 06:10:22 PM »

Not a wet weather bike Andy as you know
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #197 on: November 15, 2020, 11:36:11 AM »

No, it was never intended for storm riding, or even long distance hauling. Just a "bar hopper" as they say across the pond.
I still kinda miss it. More hassle than it was ever worth, but fun to ride when it was going well. If I'd owned a big workshop where it could live under a sheet in the corner & just be rolled out for the occasional Summer afternoon blat, I might've kept it, but it wasn't worth renting a third lock-up garage for, (no room in the other two), & it seemed to be constantly playing up.
I think I like the memory of owning it more than the reality Smiley
« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 11:38:36 AM by Manky Monkey » Logged

morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #198 on: November 15, 2020, 11:39:27 PM »

That 'jelly' substance could well be ethanol residue, the kiss of death to ordinary fuel and oil lines! so beware.I run the bikes only on Esso Synergy Supreme 97, the only ethanol free petrol in the UK, with the exception of Devon, Cornwall, Teeside & Scotland, wherer it's not! why? I have no idea, but for low usage vehicles, worth the few bob difference to regular, oh, and even Esso 95 octane, and other Regular 95/97's also "eat" glass-fibre, and that's on 5% ethanol, soon it could be 10%, so think on chaps and chap-ess'  Undecided Undecided Undecided..Morrag

Beware the Ides of March, But!
Tony oily bike

« Reply #199 on: November 16, 2020, 10:53:49 AM »

A pal of mine puts a capful of two-stroke oil in the tanks of his (four stroke) bikes.

His older brit bikes start up AOK with 2 year fuel in the tank...………...

There's nowt as light as a hole, so add lightness.

Our lady of blessed acceleration, don't fail me now! - Elwood Blues

Nitro doesn't add power, it multiplies it! Bob Loux, running 10.07 secs @138mph on a 650 normally aspirated Triumph drag bike in 1965!

"Incontinence Hotline" - please hold.
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #200 on: November 16, 2020, 04:54:26 PM »

Unfortunately, whilst oil may do no harm, it won't counteract ethanol's propensity for destroying regular synthetic fuel lines, seals, etc. It is also extremely hygroscopic, so that at the junction of fuel and air in a steel petrol tank, it will rust! So,be warned, drain your tank if out of fairly regular use, Morrag

Beware the Ides of March, But!
the coppersmith

« Reply #201 on: January 13, 2021, 03:25:57 PM »

Just been delving in the cave looking for that part I put safe 😱 thought may as well warm the frog, started third prod. Not entirely happy with being woke up in winter months, and took a while to settle down, then just took it around the block to check the clutch works etc. It’s all good 😱 shock horror.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #202 on: January 13, 2021, 06:12:32 PM »

I don't like being woken up in the Winter either.
Sounds like you've got it nicely sorted now Steve.

the coppersmith

« Reply #203 on: May 11, 2021, 01:56:54 PM »

Update. Been a tad rough, then my son had a life changing episode, so the frog sat under cover until this week. It struggled to start the kicked me back. Finally it rumbled into life, clutch stuck. Let it warm through and now it’s all good. So it’s out with Solvol Autosol and get shining those parts. Lights are all good, I’m confident of an MOT next week. 🏍
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #204 on: May 12, 2021, 08:36:58 PM »

The beast lives! Smiley

the coppersmith

« Reply #205 on: February 12, 2022, 11:17:19 AM »

its all been very quiet down here in the Devonshire cave, but things are looking brighter now. My son has been and had a heart op which has taken the pressure off me and her indoors so I can concentrate on my projects. The frog has been neglected and I was surprised it fired up so easily this morning, clutch well and truly stuck, but after twenty minutes of ticker it freed easily and apart from some drag at present it is riding well. Think I may need to gain forward controls to remove this cramp I get in my left hip, not easy being 70. I intend to try and show the frog a bit this year so the polish needs to come out and some earnest finger blistering. watch this space
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]
  Print  

Jump to: