March 29, 2024, 12:23:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: It's begun  (Read 6458 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2018, 08:12:35 PM »

Yes, part of our group.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Baychimp

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2018, 08:30:07 PM »

Andy,they know that old Chestnut about unofficial industrial action would not hold up if challenged. I had this arguement with management on many different occasions. You are a hourly paid worker, contracted for a certain amount hours a day. Overtime is an agreement between you and the management. There has never been an agreement on Compulsory overtime. Even when we had the flex up and down system that wasn't overtime as they had to give us the time back. Even when I worked indoors and they tried to make me stay on the answer was always the same,times time and its time for me to go home. And when mangement whinged that they had to stay the reply to that was "you choose to have a career and have to put up with it, I'm just an hourly paid worker contracted at 40 hours".
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2018, 03:03:44 PM »

They're now trying to "bank" hours -if we go over our finishing time one day, they'll let us come in that much later another day -when it suits them. An extended version of the half hour flex up/down thing. No-one's going for it though & would rather just work  to the normal finishing time. They're desperate to save money, but the service is already pared right down to the bone.

poprodder

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2018, 05:25:23 PM »

we go couple of days without seeing a postie,then get 6 letters all at once.
been waiting for a parcel 2nd class signed for since last week, series 2 landy dash panel. seller is going to give refund as its not going to turn up after waiting 8 days.
you have same problem as us andy, shareholders come first, you must make a bigger profit year on year, just there are more cuts year on year, with a worse service, trouble is they cannot work out the reason why. just money money money.  till it goes bang(and it will in the end)

morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2018, 07:02:01 PM »

When I started my working life, the standard hours in Industry was 44 for a 5 day week, and nobody, however esteemed they might have thought themselves, would have threatened or coerced a worker to exceed that, unless by mutually agreed overtime, at the approved enhanced rates. So this is where the British worker has graduated to, something resembling pre-Trade Union days, another example of societies advancement? I think not! Sad times.... Cry Cry Cry Cry...Morrag
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 09:57:00 PM by morrag » Logged

Beware the Ides of March, But!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2018, 09:47:01 PM »

If we work more than 10 hours overtime, the pay rate is reduced.

Baychimp

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2018, 10:28:48 PM »

It won't be long before they are sending kids back up Chimneys and women back to the Mines.   Tongue Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 10:31:08 PM by Baychimp » Logged
stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2018, 06:17:08 AM »

Some kids deserve to be sent up chimneys  Angry

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2018, 06:47:27 PM »

Grin Grin Grin

Beware the Ides of March, But!
Tony oily bike

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2018, 09:56:09 AM »

......... aaaaaaaaaaaaaand back to the topic of the thread............

"Is it time to ban Christmas presents" - Martin Lewis.

As raised on ITV’s programme The Martin Lewis Money Show Live: Christmas Countdown on Tues 25 Sept.

The programme is being repeated on Sat 29th Sept on ITV at 11.40am

Wanna know more

https://blog.moneysavingexpert.com/2009/11/is-it-time-to-ban-christmas-presents/
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 09:59:35 AM by Tony oily bike » Logged

There's nowt as light as a hole, so add lightness.

Our lady of blessed acceleration, don't fail me now! - Elwood Blues

Nitro doesn't add power, it multiplies it! Bob Loux, running 10.07 secs @138mph on a 650 normally aspirated Triumph drag bike in 1965!

"Incontinence Hotline" - please hold.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2018, 11:01:10 PM »

Morrisons supermarket this evening, one day after Bonfire Night.
How long before the damn carols start?!

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2018, 11:26:13 PM »

"Is it time to ban Christmas presents" - Martin Lewis.

No, definitely not!  Whether or not to give presents is a personal choice, who would have a right to say that we can't?

The people who spend far more than they can afford on Christmas presents will simply spend far more than they can afford on something else.

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
JayJay

« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2018, 03:21:11 AM »

Poprodder, your new avatar gave me a start. Shocked Is it to celebrate the time of year or is it more a reflection on how you feel?

As this thread also delves into postal problems, I would like to mention six missing cards all posted at one post box outside a post office. The senders have now contacted Royal Mail to complain. In fact my Mum did that after the second card went missing and they said they'd send her some stamps. When she contacted them more recently about even more cards missing she reminded them about the stamps, which never arrived either. When sending cards, we are now writing on the envelope that the card does not contain money. We can only surmise that this is the problem as other post is fine. So is it the postie, or the sorting office? All the post, bar the last 2 were going to different destinations. My poor Grandson didn't get his cards from his Auntie and Nan. My Granddaughter's hasn't arrived today even though my Sister made sure she posted it a distance from home but whether it will be the same sorting office, she's not sure. My Son whose birthday is Thursday received a card from Wales but it arrived opened and not like it had just come unstuck. What is going on? My Sister is now going to post the postal problems in her area on a local Town Matters website because perhaps it's not just her post that's disappearing.

Poprodder says he's been waiting for stuff. Anyone else, especially with birthday cards and the like?

This is not a dig at all posties (take heed Baychimp and Andy) and my postie is excellent and we can't blame Christmas temp posties as they've not started yet, but something is obviously going wrong somewhere and Royal Mail customer services doesn't seem to care.

Missed the Martin Lewis prog. Some people do try to do too much and get into (further) debt but I doubt that will change as there will always be loans/credit cards available. I did my best to ignore Christmas last year. I tried to get my relatively small extended family a decent present each (or cash) and said that was it. Rick and I agreed no presents so that was easy and everyone seemed happy enough. I always visit my children/grandchildren Christmas morning playing santa and I'm always astounded at the number of pressies around particularly at my grandaughter's house. You can't see the floor because of stacked up pressies. My children, when they were young, got secondhand stuff I reconditioned. They didn't realise and they were happy enough!

Bah humbug.  Grin

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2018, 11:30:50 AM »

We only get presents for immediate family and we don't spend much except occasionally when one of them wants/needs something special, like last year when I gave my grand-daughter a sizeable (for me - £200) contribution to her car fund, because she's been working really hard in a cafe as well as doing her college course, and being really careful how much she spends and I thought she deserved a reward.

The grandchildren have always had lots of stuff but still been really appreciative of what they get, although when asked what they's like for Christmas they usually can't or won't say, apart from 12 year old Elliot who has a dry sense of humour and will say "Well I'd really like (whatever) - it's only £5000" and grin at me.

When my girls were young and I was a lone parent they often had secondhand stuff and likr yours JJ, were still happy with it.

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Olds

« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2018, 07:58:02 AM »

Arrrg ! Wife put on the radio this morning. Nothing but bloody inane Christmas songs. I'm never good in the mornings anyway. Angry

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: