March 28, 2024, 06:58:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: It's begun  (Read 6434 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« on: September 13, 2018, 03:07:58 PM »

Angry

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
poprodder

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 04:04:17 PM »

ginger bread match makers!!!!!  Cheesy Cheesy Grin

JayJay

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 06:25:03 PM »

Just because you've seen them, don't spoil it for everybody else.  Angry

So far this September I haven't been in a shop and by downloading or streaming TV programmes it means I miss out on adverts. Therefore, I thought I was doing well. You fiend!  Tongue

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2018, 07:56:02 PM »

Undecided Cry

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2018, 09:26:17 PM »

I went into the local Tesco Metro for an ice cream when I finished delivering the Mail today & they were next to the ice cream cabinet.

stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2018, 06:13:12 AM »

Thought you was on a diet ? Roll Eyes

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
Tony oily bike

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2018, 07:53:04 AM »

To further cheer up the garage and shed folk on MMM, we also have the TV joys of “Strictly X Off”!

There's nowt as light as a hole, so add lightness.

Our lady of blessed acceleration, don't fail me now! - Elwood Blues

Nitro doesn't add power, it multiplies it! Bob Loux, running 10.07 secs @138mph on a 650 normally aspirated Triumph drag bike in 1965!

"Incontinence Hotline" - please hold.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2018, 08:38:03 AM »

See, that's why I don't own a TV!
Always on a diet mate Sad I walk 10 miles a day & according to a health programme I watched on iPlayer a while ago, (no TV, but I do watch occasional shows on the 'net), Postmen are the "healthiest" profession in the country & burn off 1,500 calories a day! My phone says "Congratulations, you've reached your 10,000 step target for the day" every morning at about 10.30, but I don't finish delivering till 2.30

morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2018, 06:16:37 PM »

Mind you, you have to factor in the resultant dodgy knees, bad backs, etc. etc. resulting from that "exercise", Mr. M!! Grin Grin

Beware the Ides of March, But!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2018, 07:55:51 PM »

Very true -I had over a month off work earlier this year with a buggered knee. Returned to work to receive a 1st stage disciplinary warning, despite it being a work related injury. Royal Mail aren't known as a caring employer Sad

Olds

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2018, 07:03:06 AM »

Very true -I had over a month off work earlier this year with a buggered knee. Returned to work to receive a 1st stage disciplinary warning, despite it being a work related injury. Royal Mail aren't known as a caring employer Sad
I hope you replied to your HR department in writing, stating that you felt this was unfair due to it being a 'work related injury'. This in itself may get them to rescind the warning.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 07:22:34 AM by Olds » Logged

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
Archie

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2018, 10:27:36 AM »

Doctors note to back it up? Shove it in their face and take them to an industrial tribunal!  Grin
poprodder

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2018, 03:14:41 PM »

Doctors note to back it up? Shove it in their face and take them to an industrial tribunal!  Grin
even with a doctors note they don't care.
company i work for can sack you after 6 months even with doctors notes. apparently its for the good of the company.
and as in Andy's case were not talking small company's!!!! were just numbers not people.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2018, 03:50:54 PM »

It's a 3 stage system. After you've actually been sacked, you can appeal. Most employees win the appeal & are able to return, but by then they've had time away from the job & a lot of people don't want to come back -so the company wins.
I'm not a big unionist, but since we were privatised, the management style has become increasingly confrontational.
I just want to go in, do my job & go home again.
We've just recently been told that if we can't complete our rounds within our shift & take Mail back to the depot, because they're constantly increasing the delivery areas, it'll be treated as unofficial industrial action -trying to force us to work longer hours.
I enjoy the bit out on the streets, but the bit in the depot's not enjoyable at all.

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2018, 07:25:00 PM »

When Mike was doing agency driving he absolutely refused to work for Parcelforce (are they still part of the Post Office or Royal Mail or whatever they call it now?).  They expected him to stay out over his hours to deliver every parcel, but they wouldn't pay for the extra time.
And if he did try and get it all done, the Union bloke had a go at him!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: