April 26, 2024, 01:11:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bagging a basket  (Read 956 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« on: September 08, 2018, 02:57:27 PM »

I was in the local Morrisons supermarket earlier, (it's the nearest shop to home). They recently moved the stack of wire baskets from their normal spot by the main entrance, to further inside the shop, next the security guard's desk. Today I noticed every basket now has a security tag on it.
I read about this on the BBC news site a few days ago. Apparently, because of the charge for carrier bags, which is set to double soon, people are stealing the baskets instead. A friend works in the Co-Op supermarket next to my rented garage in the middle of a scruffy council estate. She tells me they've lost dozens & are now down to just 3!
Are people really so tight, they won't pay 10p for a bag?!
Morrisons are also planning to reintroduce paper bags. I wonder if they'll be free?

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
poprodder

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 06:31:55 PM »

asda's have been tagged for years.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 08:44:39 PM »

What a sad world we live in. Chatted to a manager in Tesco's this evening. Apparently the wire baskets cost around 50 quid each.

stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2018, 06:07:46 AM »

Did anybody see the YouTube /Facebook video from last years London marathon I believe ? It looked like it was after all the runners had passed...and dozens of local residents we're STEALING the packs of bottled water and running off with them almost in a frenzy? Every man for his self scenario  Shocked  I know people are poor but these weren't starving for sure ? So not much surprises me with human behaviour ? Embarrassed

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2018, 08:07:39 AM »

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/lewisham/16190196.Misleading_video_of_people_taking_water_at_London_Marathon_re_emerges/

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: