April 26, 2024, 09:19:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting too old.  (Read 1037 times)
Olds

« on: August 30, 2018, 11:29:19 AM »

Feeling good this morning. Sun shining but not too hot. Nothing special on, so I thought I'd do a little bit of green laning on the TS. There's a lovely lane near us, well it was lovely last time I rode it about eight years ago. Only about 2 miles long, one tricky section then open views across the countryside. Smiley
Started off OK but what a difference five years can make. I have no idea what has been using this track. but it has more ground clearance than my trail bike. I dropped into a narrow rut and both foot pegs folded up as I ground to a halt ! The open vistas have gone, replaced by hedging each side, planted so close that a 4x4 would have no paint left.
What was supposed to be a nice gentle trundle turned into hard work.
At one time, I would have blitzed a track in this condition and thoroughly enjoyed it, but not any more.  Sad
Oh well, at least the bike performed perfectly even if I didn't.

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2018, 05:13:26 PM »

You don't seem to hear much about green laning these days. At one time it was a regular weekend activity. I saw an off road early Discovery on the ring road the other day with all sorts of kit strapped to it. Haven't seen one for ages.

https://youtu.be/Sqbb1XUnP4A

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Olds

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2018, 04:20:21 AM »

Cheesy
Yep knew a few idiots like that. Used to be into green laning and off road trials/safari's. Best vehicle I had for not getting stuck.was a Suzuki SJ413. Completely standard apart from tyres and a roll cage. It pulled many race prepared vehicles out of trouble at places like Bovington. Cheesy

« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 04:22:17 AM by Olds » Logged

Baychimp

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2018, 11:00:12 PM »

Grin I went to a shoot where a Fiat Panda 4x4 was getting in and out of places the Hooray Henrys vehicles couldn't. It was magic to watch their faces.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2018, 08:51:38 PM »

When I first met Tazet she had a little Suzuki jeep.
Battered & broken, but went on forever.
So did the jeep.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Olds

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2018, 03:33:31 PM »

When I first met Tazet she had a little Suzuki jeep.
Battered & broken, but went on forever.
So did the jeep.
Grin Grin
Grin I went to a shoot where a Fiat Panda 4x4 was getting in and out of places the Hooray Henrys vehicles couldn't. It was magic to watch their faces.
Grin
It's not what you've got or how much it cost, it's knowing how to use what you've got. Racers that hadn't done trials, were the worst for getting well and truly bogged down.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: