April 25, 2024, 10:29:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Changing the angle on rear suspension  (Read 5454 times)
stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2018, 08:10:49 PM »

All sounds very posh and professional to me ? Roll Eyes

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
jevi

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2018, 12:23:31 PM »

Not being posh or professional just practical, new bench is too high for me to work on if I stand the fame on it plus my vice gets in the way and not owning a proper uppy/downy bike lift/workbench (I know our illustrious leader has one for sale but its a bit far away and outside my pocket money limit) I will have to manage with what I have - its the type of lift that fits under the frame rails and acts like a big jack.

My intention is to make a jig that will bolt across the supporting arms and carry the frame, holding it in place so I can fit various bits back on and cut off the bits I don't want.  I've managed to acquire an old hospital bed frame from work that is providing the raw materials for the jig (box and rectangular tubing of varying wall thickness - avg 3mm).

I have however hit a snag - my new cutoff grinder takes 180mm cutting discs (7" in old money) which appear to be only available on line.  The thing only came with 1 disc and I've worn away approx ¼ of that in 10 cuts - I have contacted the supplier (Lidl) who stated we do not keep spares/consumables for this product and proceeded to redirect me to a German website which was fine until I realized that they don't stock the discs either.

Moral - Stop buying stuff that appears a bargain (cheap) cos it will cost you more in the long run.

Anyway onwards and upwards - pics to follow
Sid_Vicious

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2018, 01:33:49 PM »

Lot's of cutting discs on Ebay and so on, just do a search for 180mm discs.

Nothing is impossible, It just take longer time to figure it out
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2018, 06:28:16 PM »

Packet of hacksaw blades? and think of the beneficial exercise effect....................I'll get me coat.............

Beware the Ides of March, But!
stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2018, 07:11:25 PM »

You can buy a small angle grinder for about £20? And cutting discs are cheap enough from machinemart

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: