April 26, 2024, 10:24:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Roof boxer helmets  (Read 1472 times)
Clive

« on: July 10, 2018, 06:22:32 PM »

Evening people,

Seeing that Andy bike thread is currently on about helmets, I wondered if anyone here uses a Roof Boxer helmet?

I’ve currently got a cheaper flip front helmet, but find it a bit noisy, so was just wondering if they were any quieter. Also, do they size up the same as other helmets? I found my shoei years ago seems a lot smaller than other helmets the same ‘size’........gave me a headache

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
TwistedPatience

Teetering on the edge of insanity

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 06:36:05 PM »

I have 2 boxers one classic one V8 I like them but actually they are only a summer helmet if you wear one in the rain you get wet and the vents in the top are fake too.

"It's time to raise the Finger,
That middle digit takes your point and drives it home"
Clive

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 07:10:55 PM »

Cheers Doc.

Comfy? Noisy?

Don’t do winter riding anymore! Cheesy

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Archie

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 07:15:31 PM »

I had one of the firstV8’s

Heavy and noisy, don’t rate it at all. Plus the early ones jaw can jam when opening against the visor meaning you can’t see.

Archie

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2018, 07:26:18 PM »

Oh and the tab on the side with the popper breaks
Clive

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2018, 07:26:44 PM »

Hmmm, thanks Archie

Archie

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2018, 09:00:00 PM »

It’s one of those things mate - my shoei does a better job of being a full face and my open face does a better job of being an open face.

And my old Simpson I had did a better job of looking aggressive.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2018, 08:28:02 PM »

Don't know whether it was a roof one or another make of flip front but because of the hinged front they don't have the integrity of a full-face but they are also less safe than an open face - My daughter and son-in-law came across an accident where a bike had gone off on a bend but the only bad injury was where the the flip part had cut into the riders face down to the bone and broken his jaw.

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
twisted

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2018, 03:25:39 PM »

i have the roof desmo, the cheaper boxer and you can open/close it with one hand. new ones have a bit more room in the chin area and i believe they have fixed the rain vent issue. think they come up a bit smaller than you normal lids.

when i was looking into them these vids were helpful
https://www.youtube.com/user/gorgeousbikes/videos

a man with a fork in a world full of soup
Dslam

Wot ho chaps, its bloody Whitworth!!

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2018, 04:27:12 PM »

Its worth noting that different manufacturers shape the inside of their helmets differently. Shoei, for example are rounder around the skull above the ears where Arai are more oval. Some helmets give more in use than others which may determine if you should buy tight or not. Go to a bike shop and try some on and seek advice although, like tyres, everyone has an opinion and they are all different.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: