April 29, 2024, 08:51:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Comic Con  (Read 5869 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2018, 10:01:15 PM »

Guardians of the Galaxy, plus male & female Predators.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 03:01:21 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2018, 10:01:49 PM »

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2018, 10:02:31 PM »

Your mother was a hamster & your father smelt of elderberries.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 03:01:59 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2018, 10:03:01 PM »

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2018, 10:05:50 PM »

The Cat & Dwayne Dibley.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 03:02:40 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2018, 10:06:32 PM »

Doctor Who, number 7.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 03:03:02 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

Baychimp

« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2018, 10:29:34 PM »

So have you decided who you are going as next time. If we could get enough of us together we could go as the Bash street kids.
JayJay

« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2018, 01:27:34 AM »

Some great costumes. I hope the bloke in the green (transformer?) costume didn't come on the bus, no-one else would have managed to get on it.

The knights from Monty Python are great especially liked the one played by Terry Gilliam, Patsy I think. Brilliant expression on their face. Love that film. Even my 13 yr old Grandson was doing the swallow scene the other day. Never realised he'd even seen something from the mid 70s.

Looking forward to hearing who they all are. I recognise quite a few but not all.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 01:33:24 AM by JayJay » Logged

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2018, 07:03:02 AM »

I'd best not comment ? Undecided

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
Olds

« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2018, 07:36:02 AM »

Great lot of pics.  Some of these guys do their research and spend a lot of time ( & money) getting their costumes right.
 My daughter used to do various comic cons as it was related to her degree and somehow I'd get roped in to make some item.
Think the character Hela may be one of her friends.

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
JayJay

« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2018, 10:50:07 AM »

Think the character Hela may be one of her friends.

She looks great. I went to the pics, first time in about 7 years, to see Thor Ragnarok. Brilliant film. Cate Blanchett as Hela was very commanding but my favourite character was Korg, a gigantic rock monster, who spoke in a very soft Kiwi accent and cracked me up every time he spoke.

Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2018, 02:15:36 PM »

Would anyone remember the Bash Street Kids? -actually, not a bad idea Smiley
There are definitely different levels of "Cosplay". Lots of groups of mates, just having fun, at the fancy dress party level. Then the guys who've spent months researching & sourcing materials & accessories & practising their character in front of the mirror. Then there are the pros -the ones who could actually be the person they're portraying, with absurdly perfect costumes, voices & mannerisms. Most of those buy the VIP tickets which get them into the show early & don't really mingle. They spend their time in the other halls, listening to celebrity interviews or strutting their stuff on the competition catwalk.
So these are mostly the mid level guys. Some impressive suits though. Such attention to detail.
I loved the 2, 8 feet tall, robot characters. I'd love to do something like that.
Chewbacca was fabulous & could easily have been an actual film costume.
The Holy Grail crew might actually have been the cast from the stage version, which is on in London I think. Last year, the cast of Cats were there. The girl playing the serf with the 2 coconuts for a horse was absolutely spot on.
I liked the grim reaper -very simple costume & he stayed in character all day, just standing silently or slowly moving along the aisles ...I hope it was a costume anyway.
Lots of video game characters & Japanese "Anime" cartoon figures. I look at them & think You look amazing, but I've got no idea who you are.
A couple of Batmen, but dozens of Jokers in various guises -he's obviously the more fun one to play.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2018, 02:23:12 PM »

I'll add the names I know to the photos, but lots I don't know either.
Did you recognise "Cat" from Red Dwarf? (the coloured guy in the baseball cap). The gent in the linen suit & hat is Sylvester McCoy -the 7th Doctor Who.

Olds

« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2018, 03:41:33 PM »

Don't recognise most but the one after Chewie is the Tooth Fairy from rise of the guardians and the one before the python crew is Hela from Thor; Ragarok.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 03:45:31 PM by Olds » Logged

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
JayJay

« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2018, 07:31:20 PM »

I did think Patsy was a woman but thought best not to say in case it wasn't and they read this thread. You never know!  Cool  I could imagine them being them except for the one on the right who I thought must be Sir Robin, the one who was not quite as brave as Sir Lancelot (or something like that). He was more like the other mate who filled in at the last minute. Hope they aren't reading this thread.  Undecided

Didn't realise that was Sylvester. Never liked him as Dr Who. To be honest, I didn't like any of them after Tom Baker. I am old enough to start off with William Hartnell who was very good but at that point that was all that you knew. The first four though were each excellent in their own way. As for the others, don't care if they are reading this thread!  Tongue  Cheesy
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 07:41:08 PM by JayJay » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: