April 20, 2024, 04:45:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Clear the pavements !!  (Read 1580 times)
the coppersmith

« on: May 02, 2018, 03:41:49 PM »

Well, someone had too  Grin Grin
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 09:36:26 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 03:51:34 PM »

Cheesy Loads of those things in Basingstoke. I know not every injury is visible, but I swear half of them are just people who are too lazy to walk.
They're always either doing 2 miles an hour on the road completely oblivious to the huge queue of irate drivers behind them, or 20 miles an hour on the pavements, scattering terrified pedestrians, (& Postmen), before them.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
JayJay

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 07:03:06 PM »

Coppersmith, were you trying to get me excited?  Cheesy

Well you did, can I have one please.  Grin

Andy, there is a chap who rides a mobility scooter on what is essentially an unlit narrow 2 lane 60 mile per hour road of many S bends. He does have a flag on it that I assume is supposed to be higher than the hedges but so dangerous. Normally, except for the pic above,  Shocked  road mobility scooters go at 8 mph. I always worry he is going to be on the road. Not just that I might hit him but if he is, no-one can get past him once he gets to this part. Snail pace then.

Mind you now we have holiday makers our way, it always worries me that they are going to be walking on unlit roads without torches or suitable hi-vis  clothing. Plus they rarely seem to walk on the right side of the road, ie. against the traffic, so they can at least see traffic coming and get off the road, even if it means the ditch. Hopefully the vehicle will see them in time but if not, death or ditch, um, ditch everytime.

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: