April 20, 2024, 11:57:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Summers here with a random day ?  (Read 2985 times)
stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« on: April 19, 2018, 07:43:12 AM »

24 hours can be a long time? Yesterday (Wednesday 18th April 2018) started off with me slowly getting out of bed about 6am,after a rather painful traumatic night..I waited till Mrs Stinkey came downstairs and packed me off to A&E... Shocked
Several hours of tests/bloods/questions by a thoroughly lovely team revealed nothing sinister or bad ?
Doesn't explain the symptoms or pain though,so hopefully I don't have to have the OP again ? They even gave us both tea and sandwiches ..and sent me home..came out to lovely warm sunshine but shortage of breath..battered and bruised too Grin
Went home and chatted to our neighbours for the first time in ages..their off to Spain for a weeks holiday as a retirement gift from their daughter ..how cool..mrs stinkey even sold them some of her handmade jewellery..
Runya designs on Facebook    Roll Eyes
Then we noticed a car pull up and the people inside sat checking out our house ( for sale) they drove off obviously not impressed ? Cheesy
I crept onto the sofa and managed a nice sleep..then spent an hour sat outside in the sunshine,dreaming of Spain but thinking if my health has deteriorated again it may never happen ?
During the day I received lots of random videos on whatsapp from buddies..my main communication nowadays .i discussed the worse case scenario with the Good lady regards my health? I even offered my trike for sale to a fellow manky,just in case?
We sat watching TV ..place in the sun reruns ..full of painkillers we crashed up to bed about 11pm, the stepdaughter came home shortly after..closely followed by the stepson,slightly the worse for wear..been out celebrating his 18th birthday ..and he kept us awake for several hours while rushing in and out of the loo to be sick Cheesy baptism of Pan Hugging  Cheesy Wink and woke up to news of Dale Wintons passing..same age has myself 62..

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
JayJay

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 07:36:08 PM »

Hope you are feeling stronger today. Difficult when someone dies the same age as you, reminds you that you are mortal. Hard to be positive when you are feeling like sh*t but houses tend to move quickly where you live so don't cancel your Spain dream just yet.
JJ  Smiley

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
Olds

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 07:55:29 PM »

Hope you manage to get over whatever is ailing you soon and without more trips to A&E.
We may generally have crap weather but at least our health service, despite being underfunded and overstretched, is still pretty good when you need them.

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
stinkey

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2018, 06:36:27 AM »

Cheers guys..I must admit I didn't put this up for a "whoa is me " sympathy vote? Cheesy just sat on the sofa bored and thought I'd jot down the things that happen in any 24 hours so to speak..life isn't under our control has we realise once older Embarrassed
JJ my house hasn't sold in 8 months..it's definitely location location.. Grin
My spanish dream is still there always will be Wink
And Mr Olds..after everything the NHS has done for me I can't find fault ,mercifully I live in a great part of the country.
We have a viewing today and I'm seeing the GP just before ?

the coppersmith

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2018, 02:38:40 PM »

Wow, bit late getting to this, take care mate. Do we all have ailments ? Pretty scary that so many of us are sick. Live the dream mate wherever it is .

My wife retires today, 29 years at Asda, filling shelves, happy to help etc. she missed retiring at 60 by days, she is now 64 and a bit. Knackered.

the coppersmith

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2018, 02:39:32 PM »

NHS done me proud too.
stinkey

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2018, 07:44:53 PM »

Nowadays the government make it seem we should be ashamed to retire ? I detest them all  Angry
So glad she's not had to wait till 67 ?
I thought we all had to be old and poorly to be on this site ? MANKY sounds correct ? Cheesy
And today turned out to be another interesting day..Doctors at 9am..didn't see me till 9-50 am  Grin
Got back home at 10-30 am..just has the viewers turned up..they liked it,then off they went..my doctor had phoned the hospital to say I'm on my way for more tests/bloods/scans etc..while there we got a phone call saying the viewing went very well ?
Had a great laugh with the nurses/doctors and other patients in the hospital  Cheesy  the docs said definitely NO Serious problems seen/found,may just be a mild virus thing ?
Got home to receive another phone call say we've had an offer on the house Smiley

JayJay

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2018, 07:48:13 PM »

See, you questioned my judgement!  Tongue
I must have brought you luck.  Wink

Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
merv

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2018, 07:17:26 AM »

That's good news Steve

Why do every five minute job take all day, and
if it can go wrong it will go wrong
stinkey

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2018, 06:45:47 PM »

I never questioned your judgement JJ Wink trouble is every viewer likes our place just most don't like the slight rural location Shocked
I'm sure we will sell it eventually ..it's I'm just enjoying the days/weeks has they pan out..no plans ,winging it as per ! Cool
And by all means send some more luck..CHEERS MR Merv..

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2018, 08:34:35 PM »

I have to say I have no complaints about the NHS in England - was looked after excellently when I had my heart attack and subsequent stents, also last year when I was rushed in with atrial fibrillation, etc etc.

Not so sure about Wales though - had a bad experience when I broke my leg, and just been to the same area where my sister is dying of cancer and was being looked after at home by her daughter.   We had a major problem late at night and there was NO-ONE to help us, we rang lots of emergency numbers, got lots of answerphone messages, and got passed on to many other numbers till we were back where we started,  horrific!

I just got home at teatime tonight, my sister is now in a hospice where the many staff are all totally dedicated and wonderful and they have all the euipment they need - it's funded by charity not the NHS.  But it's really sad because my brother in law and niece had promised my sister to look after her so she could stay at home till the end, thus saving the NHS loads of money and the one time they needed emergency help it wasn't there.  So she's had to go into the hospice which is a lovely place but her family feel they have let her down.

She won't be with us very long.

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
JayJay

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2018, 11:13:20 PM »

Sorry to hear that Bobbi. It doesn't seem that long ago since you lost your Brother but I suppose it must have been about 2 years ago.

It must be terrible for your Brother-in-law and Niece but they have done the best that they could do under the circumstances. Your Sister could have been stuck on a trolley in a hospital corridor and no one would have wanted that. I am surprised though, as I thought Wales and Scotland were offering much better care than England, including support at home.

You and your family are in my thoughts.
JJ

stinkey

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2018, 11:25:31 PM »

Sorry to hear such sad news BG..nothing I can say to help your pain..but my thoughts are with you..x

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2018, 10:35:59 AM »

Cheers folks - when you get to my age it's inevitable to lose siblings especially when they are all a lot older, but cancer is a cruel way to go.  I'll be the only one left when Gillian is gone, it's kind of odd.  We've never been a very close family but it's been good to be with my neice the last few days particularly as her siblings haven't been able to get there yet, but her cousin arrived yesterday, her brother arrives from Sweden tomorrow, and her sister...  well who knows, there's often one in a family.....
Same age gap between me and Gillian as between me a Belinda (my neice) and B has kind of adopted me as a 'big sister'.

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
stinkey

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2018, 09:57:21 AM »

I've attempted to write and post pics 3 times this morning ?  Angry

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: