April 19, 2024, 07:42:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Embrace the Mankiness  (Read 1564 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« on: April 15, 2018, 10:55:55 AM »

I see Morrison's supermarkets have launched a range of lower grade fruit & vegetables, (& are probably charging more for them). They call it the Wonky range.
At last, Mankiness is cool Smiley

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
JayJay

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 03:14:30 PM »

This was a question on the quiz show 'The Chase' the other week. At that point I'd never heard Wonky in relation to a product. I thought the answer was going to be biscuits like those cheaper broken biscuits you could buy. Turns out Asda have been selling Wonky veg boxes for a while and another supermarket sells the same under a different name - definitely not Manky. Could you sue if they did?  Wink

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 03:24:37 PM »

Smiley "Naturally Manky".

stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 07:41:14 PM »

What a bunch of CON artists these companies are..charging for stuff that they told us we didn't want because we don't like natural (wonky) grown products ?  Why not just put them on show with all the other VEG ? Oh of course they won't make money from the MUGS who trendily purchase them ?

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 08:40:05 PM »

Aren't we supposed to be all-inclusive now & treating everyone/every vegetable the same? Smiley

poprodder

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2018, 09:05:36 PM »

yep we've been selling wonky veg for a couple of years.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2018, 03:03:59 PM »

You sell your own produce?

poprodder

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2018, 05:13:49 PM »

company i work for do!!! but in 4yrs i've never delivered any.

JayJay

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2018, 02:10:26 PM »

What a bunch of CON artists these companies are..charging for stuff that they told us we didn't want because we don't like natural (wonky) grown products ?  Why not just put them on show with all the other VEG ? Oh of course they won't make money from the MUGS who trendily purchase them ?

I think they are sold in boxes of mixed veg and at a much cheaper price than unwonky veg. I think that's why I have never seen them, as they sell out so quickly. They must be great for families on a budget who eat a lot of veg.

Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
Baychimp

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2018, 10:20:40 PM »

Do you remember the days before Supermarkets became so obsessed about things being all the same size and perfect. You went down to the Greengrocers and brought what ever he had in stock. It all tasted the same,it all looked the same when you cut it up.
JayJay

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2018, 03:43:55 AM »

So much supermarket veg are in plastic bags now and the use by dates are terrible, they are usually only a few days ahead. Potatoes grow eyes really quickly even when kept in the dark. No, before you say something, I don't mean I'm keeping secrets from them!  Roll Eyes

Yesterday I made soup, and ratatouille, out of veg that was well out of date including veg that was reduced to about 10p when I bought it a week ago. Even the tin of tomatoes was 9 months out of date. When you think of the undated tinned stuff taken on expeditions that was eaten years later, we should be alright. Eggs which lasted for ages sitting in one of those chicken shaped baskets on the counter now have to be kept in the fridge and eaten within two weeks! We survived in the past. Too much food waste because of dates.  Undecided

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: