April 25, 2024, 07:06:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's buried here?  (Read 1072 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« on: April 09, 2018, 06:46:25 PM »

I visited my Mum in Christchurch, Dorset today.
Went for a walk around the local cemetery to work off a huge lunch & came across this gravestone.
Personally, I'm not a fan of the modern trend of festooning graves with windmills, candles, teddy bears etc -I just find it a bit undignified & tacky -but was intrigued by this one.
It was the grave of a 10 year old boy. I'm surprised it was allowed by the church, but it's certainly different.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
merv

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 07:14:25 PM »

I like that

Why do every five minute job take all day, and
if it can go wrong it will go wrong
spanners

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 07:17:45 PM »

I,m going to be buried with my ass sticking out so people can kiss it  Tongue Tongue Kiss

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
Stix

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 08:02:58 PM »

I,m going to be buried with my ass sticking out so people can kiss it  Tongue Tongue Kiss
Or the Vicar will be able to park his bike. Grin
the coppersmith

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 08:25:15 AM »

Grin Grin Grin
stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2018, 10:57:04 AM »

I've seen far worse..in fact the vicar reigned my sister in from festooning Mums grave with garden gnomes etc ? Embarrassed..but that's a touching tribute to somebody's Child and I for One don't find it a problem ?
My mum would have loved rubber tyres and plastic flowers around her grave though ! Grin Cheesy

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
JayJay

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2018, 07:40:29 PM »

Don't like the stuff around it but the headstone is very tidy and original.

I can't imagine burying a child, though I did lose my 11 year old brother John at Christmas in 1964, however, my other brother and I weren't allowed to go to the funeral, a choice my Mum has regretted ever since.

In a cemetery near Southampton hospital the children's burial area is strewn with balloons, battery run candles & night lights, windmills, teddies, ribbons and flowers. It looks awful, tawdry even but I'm pretty sure these things are there because each child's family don't want their child to feel alone. If these objects give the families some sort of comfort then who am I to complain.

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: