April 23, 2024, 12:56:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Derby Private Hire Vehicles  (Read 1364 times)
paulywombats

« on: March 21, 2018, 10:29:42 AM »

Interesting listening to Radio Derby's report on the findings of the Police and vehicle inspectors, regarding taxi's in Derby.

Inspected 5 vehicles on Monday, and 4 had there licenses removed to prevent them operating.

This was due to the faults found by the inspector.

These included, extensive rust to body work, seating being compromised by corrosion at fixing points, failed shock absorbers and suspension broken.

Derby Council have no limit on vehicle age. One cab is 24 years old.

When they do inspections of this nature, once a month, suddenly the streets of Derby are void of any cabs. Usually you can't move for the blooming things.

I thought I was wrong once, it turned out I was incorrect!
Living on a wing and a weld
stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 04:59:49 PM »

Obviously they don't have the same rules and procedures has London taxis ? Undecided

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 05:02:28 PM »

There used to be an MOT guy in Slough who tested almost all the taxis there. The tests weren't exactly thorough.
When I was younger I knew at least 3 garages that would issue MOTs without even seeing the vehicles & 1 that would send them in the Post!
With everything now linked directly to the mighty DVLA database, it's hopefully getting harder for these guys to operate.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 11:31:27 PM »

That's amazing!  I know a bloke who's a taxi driver in Glasgow - never mind MOTs, their vehicles are extensively checked every three months and not allowed back on the road till any problems are fixed - he reckons it's stricter than an MOT!  Which is great because we all want to be safe in a vehicle we hire.

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: