March 28, 2024, 07:14:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Chicken Chaos!  (Read 1335 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« on: February 21, 2018, 12:37:43 AM »

That was the online headline I read today, referring to the Basingstoke branch of KFC having to close for the weekend  because they'd run out of meat. A driver's strike I think, which affected half the branches in the country.
Won't somebody think of the children -& the chavvy council estate teens that seem to live on nothing else -however will they survive?!
The company's spokesman said "Some chickens have crossed the road -just not to our stores".
Aah, I remember the great poultry panic of 2018 Smiley

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
paulywombats

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 07:06:25 AM »

On BBC news yesterday a 9 year old girl said she was 'angry' that the store was closed.

Today Police have ask people to stop contacting them to complain about outlets being shut. How did this country manage to produce so many uneducated, dysfunctional citizens? Huh

I thought I was wrong once, it turned out I was incorrect!
Living on a wing and a weld
stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 08:56:49 AM »

Afraid to say I'm with..paulywombats..my wife and I watch some TV shows and truly can't believe the things the younger lot say or do or how they act ? It's now such a joyous thing when one of them comes across as intelligent /articulate /polite ? I know I was a rebellious teen..but married at 20 which soon calmed me down.. Roll Eyes

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 09:27:56 AM »

I'm with you guys -grumpy old men Smiley

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
JayJay

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2018, 04:06:02 PM »

It surprises me how many families who are also on benefits can afford take out as often as they do. I'm not being snobby here because one of those families I am refering to is my daughter's.  Undecided

I think child benefit and child tax credits should be limited to the first child. Let's face it, second or third children usually get hand me downs. If not from their own siblings, cousins or friends. Well they used to anyway. Maybe this would also stop some young women having children just to get a flat and/or not work, as women with children under 7 years old are not expected to work and can claim benefit. Keep producing children, say nicely timed every three or four years, and women can extend their non working life plus they get paid for doing so.  Shocked

They go on about poverty and food banks but I think the ones who need those banks the most are low wage working families who are not eligible for any benefits. Seems unfair.

As for KFC, never tried it and with all the stories we've been hearing about food companies, particularly meat, it's hard to trust any animal produce. Veganism it seems, is becoming more popular by the day.

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
the coppersmith

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2018, 04:33:39 PM »

My BIG son was one of these crap food eaters, out all hours grab it when he could. Became Diabetic and almost obese. Injecting 3 times a day. Then he met a girl from Ghana who said "we dont have any diabetes in Ghana, but most are vegan diets. She convinced him to give it a try for 3 months. Plus an exercise regime to suit his bulk (21stone). 6 months later, 6 stone gone, no more injections, diabetes well under control and he says he feels better then he can remember. Told him to get a book done, spread the word. If he can do it so can others, still a long way to go, and he does feel like falling off the health horse every so often, but , so far so good.
merv

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2018, 05:33:16 PM »

well done to him, takes discipline to do that

Why do every five minute job take all day, and
if it can go wrong it will go wrong
minimutly

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2018, 05:46:49 PM »

Saved his life she did - hope he appreciates it.
the coppersmith

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2018, 07:42:07 PM »

Think he knows it, the hospital and my wife keep at him too, you wouldn't want her on your case  Grin but yeah, he is doing well I'm pretty happy for him too.
JayJay

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2018, 12:41:04 AM »

My friend and her family were always vegetarian but now even they are vegan and my niece had just become one. In fact she is going to Cardiff at the weekend because there is a big vegan fair going on.

Your lad has done well. More and more type 2 diabetics have shown that you can overcome it through diet. Your lad's diabetes must have been quite severe to have to inject insulin so that is really good news. Diabetes is rife it seems. About 5 million of the population has it and it has practically doubled in numbers in just over 20 years.

Even though I'm very overweight I'm fortunate in that I have low cholesterol, no diabetes and normal blood pressure however if your lad feels up to passing on some of the tips and strategies that helped him then I would  appreciate it. I need something to get my head in a positive place especially if I get one of my new knees next week.  Cool

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: