April 27, 2024, 03:00:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: More bad news for modified vehicles  (Read 9219 times)
Olds

« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2018, 10:34:12 AM »

But the Jaffa Cake landmine experiments came to a sticky end. Cheesy

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
reliantman

« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2018, 04:19:48 PM »

Hi All.

I phoned VOSA, who are now Driving Standards, asking about these new emission rules and how they affect a new build. I got the following reply just now.

There has been no change to MSVA regulation of late, and there are no impending requirements in the future that we know of at the this stage.

So as it stands you are only required to meet the current standard of 4.5% CO at Idle (for Spark Ignition Engines).

The MSVA manual can be found in the following link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/motorcycle-single-vehicle-approval-inspection-manual

I hope that you have found this information to be of use. If you feel that I can be of further assistance in this matter, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards

Mike Jones

Michael Jones BEng | DVSA Vehicle Approvals Technical Team

Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency | Ellipse | Padley Road | Swansea | SA1 8AN
T : 0300 123 9000 | F : 01792 454214 | E : approvals.technical@dvsa.gov.uk
Olds

« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2018, 08:26:32 AM »

As i said before, there was no mention of bikes, trikes or quads (anything under MSVA) in the proposals. It would only apply to cars, vans etc. that are tested under BIVA.
This does not however rule out the possibility that eventually, similar changes may affect MSVA. It's just not being planned for at the present time.

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
Tony oily bike

« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2018, 02:17:07 PM »

Just in case its of use / interest, the FBHVC website has some new Newsletters available to read / download.

Issue 3 (page 3 relates to Mots and IVAs)

Issue 3 addendum (which has info that the FBHVC says supersedes all previous advice the Federation may have given including that in Issue 3 of the Newsletter).

http://www.fbhvc.co.uk/members-pages/newsletter-archive/

Wink

There's nowt as light as a hole, so add lightness.

Our lady of blessed acceleration, don't fail me now! - Elwood Blues

Nitro doesn't add power, it multiplies it! Bob Loux, running 10.07 secs @138mph on a 650 normally aspirated Triumph drag bike in 1965!

"Incontinence Hotline" - please hold.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: