April 26, 2024, 04:45:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: In too deep  (Read 1465 times)
the coppersmith

« on: January 15, 2018, 08:36:15 AM »

Fed up with the new year blues, so I decided to attempt to recover some fitness and lose some weight and meet some new people. So I joined a local swimming club and instantly regretted my decision. I was assured that it was just to get us back into shape. We are being coached by 2 ladies who turn out to be top female Triatheletes ! After the first session of 1 hour I could hardly breathe and thought " I'm in trouble here". On the second session of 1.5 hours I gained my breathe and started to get into it. However yesterday I could hardly walk. Cramps, aches and pains all over. I think these ladies are like those with a fetish. Like to beat us up with mental and physical torture. I have signed up for the full six weeks so must keep going. Good news is I am 6lb. lighter (but I did gain several over the festive season) I'm almost walking normal again but struggle to lift my arms over my head. Maybe I should just admit I'm getting old and keep to easy things like watching the world go by  Cheesy   Anyone else bitten off more then they can chew ?

I'll keep you informed of my progress if I survive Grin no pain no gain, yeah right!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 09:22:23 AM »

Grin
20 years ago I went through a phase of going to the gym every day, (it was in the next street to where I lived), & really enjoyed it. Exercise is definitely quite addictive once you get over the initial pain!
I've though about going back from time to time, but I'm definitely past it now. In the last few weeks I've had a lot of knee pain, which is a bugger cos I'm a Postman so walk for a living. I'm really hoping it's just a temporary thing cos I enjoy long walks for pleasure too.
It's very easy to take your health for granted, but it can really ruin your life when you lose it.
Good for you for taking the plunge! Smiley

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Baychimp

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 10:23:08 AM »

Might be a lot of pain Steve but the the two top Triathletes in swimsuits must be a bonus. Roll Eyes Cheesy
stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 11:29:26 AM »

I've always tried keeping fit..and discovered that my heart would allow me to do weights and jog a mile 10/12 mins slow pace..but nothing more strenuous  Grin
But the jogging eventually had to stop because of back problems..last summer I managed to get back into my weights in a fashion. A set of reps..then pause..then a few more reps,pause again..but by October I couldn't do anything ..my heart let's me know..if I'm in the warm or it's a hot day I can do something ..despite my condition I still can manage so much more than most people my age in terms of flexibility ( on good days  Roll Eyes)
Which I attribute to keeping fit,but I've realised I'm never going to be able to do what I once did..
Steve those so called instructors called be done for negligence ..you should NEVER do what you don't feel comfortable with..but I suspect you we're enjoying the view ? Roll Eyes

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
the coppersmith

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 03:57:21 PM »

I realised on Christmas Day charity swim, I was in trouble. I used to love swimming and surfing, its surprising how fast you can fall out of fitness. Of Course Christmas didn't help, my wife is an excellent cook and plys me with cake and buns and stuff covered in other stuff that is just not good for you.   Grin
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2018, 09:43:52 PM »

Of course it's your wife's fault!   Tongue

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Baychimp

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2018, 12:18:11 AM »

Sounds great can I come to yours next Christmas.
stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2018, 08:05:05 AM »

She plies you ? Oh the brazen FEEDER.. Shocked I'd have thought being a fatter jolly person would make you float better at least ? And just a gentle flap of your hands and feet would propel you along nicely Grin

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
the coppersmith

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2018, 10:33:01 AM »

peewee

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2018, 06:16:03 PM »

I went to a gym once, picked my missus up and went home for my dinner. Smiley Smiley
poprodder

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2018, 08:12:56 PM »

who is this jim gym everyone keeps talking about?

the coppersmith

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2018, 04:40:10 PM »

10 laps of a 50 meter pool, come the end the instructors were saying "take as long as you like, just turn the lights out when you leave" UHM  Grin Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: