March 29, 2024, 01:54:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm gutted...  (Read 3679 times)
kapri

« on: December 09, 2017, 05:18:48 PM »

...but going to have to sell my trike due to health issues .Ttorn my rotator cuff tendon from the bone plus ripped the muscle and goingto be unable to ride for at least a year if ever again Sad

Reliant based ,Manky style frame with raked forks , rera disc brakes .Originally built by Big Dog6 who put it through MSVA so on a Q plate and fully legal . I've put my own mark on it since as well plus a, justfinishing an instal of very little usage replacement engine ( bores loo like new) with new shells. Has a ported head and I'm fitting a Weber sinfle ICH though it will alos come with a set of CB400 carbs that it's been running fine .Single sprung seat with buddy pad though I alos still have the original 2 seater pad with rear back rest.

Yellow frame and tank with white accents, whitewalls and Moon discs , biplane style screen HUGE 40s Yank truck headlight that everyone remebers it by ! LOL

I've never been able to post pictures here so best to PM me for further details and photos . £2950 .

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 07:12:46 PM »

Ohh Kev -I'm equally gutted mate. What the hell happened to you?!
We always say they're only vehicles & the people are more important -but thats a fun trike. I really hope it finds a good home -& that you'll stop breaking yourself.
Keep in touch please matey.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
kapri

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 08:50:59 PM »

Would you believe I did it putting the engine back in the trike? LOL  . Had two chunky  mates doings all the lifting and one mount just wantde a 'slight' push to align it . I pushed ...but didn't realised it was wedged solid ...actually heard TWO sickening tearing sounds in my arm before it dropped to my sde and I couldn't use it.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2017, 09:01:21 PM »

I do sympathise as I can't ride any more either, but I'm coming to terms with it and so will you, but it takes a bit of time.

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 12:04:31 AM »

Oh s**t Kevin ..I really hope you do rest it..plenty of ice every day too..I ripped my shoulder years ago..bloody arm wrestling ..never been the same..put it in a sling ,don't use it ..

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
Olds

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2017, 08:04:09 AM »

Unfortunately Kev's  shoulder is going to need a lot more than a bit of rest.

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
merv

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2017, 09:10:29 AM »

Sorry to hear this Kapri, take care of yourself

Why do every five minute job take all day, and
if it can go wrong it will go wrong
stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2017, 08:28:25 PM »

Well obviously..but we all tend to still try to do things ? Undecided

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
minimutly

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2017, 06:45:27 PM »

Are you sure you need to sell it? With surgery and time the shoulder will improve, if not get back to normall?
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2017, 08:14:35 PM »

Kev's got quite a collection of custom car projects. I know he's been taking stock of them all & thinning his fleet a bit -like a lot of us, it's very easy to gather parts & vehicles until you find yourself overwhelmed by them all. Too many projects, not enough time let to build them all. That's why I'm sticking with the 2 I've currently got. No more. I think the trike was the one that would get least use if Kev's health problems got any worse. 

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: