March 28, 2024, 11:04:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Terrible news from Twisted  (Read 3288 times)
merv

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2017, 06:03:34 PM »

I'm so sorry to hear this, My sincere condolences to you and yours. I cant imagine your pain

Why do every five minute job take all day, and
if it can go wrong it will go wrong
twisted

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2017, 11:05:04 AM »

thank you all for your kind words and support. i was looking in on the site but couldnt find the words to say what was happening.

i have told my son and his partner of the support from this site and when the time is right i will show them this thread.

Oakley had been doing well but took a turn for the worse. doctors said that there was not much they could do and that continuing would cause cause him much pain and stress and were doubtful of success.
They made the hard decision.
Oakley fought on for another four days.
the hospital were fantastic. they gave them an isolated room and they were for the first time allowed to sleep in the same room with him beside them. they got them a tv to watch and a cd player for music. they didnt limit the amount of people visiting or the time we could be with them. a priest was organised and came to the room to baptize him. my 10 year old daughter got to see and hold him to having only seen him for a few minutes before then. all of the nurses, doctors and even his surgeons who had been caring for him wrote messages in a diary they had been keeping for him.

the morning of 21/11 Oakley left us and our world grew a bit darker and colder.

we have shifted about and have moved my son and partner in with us for as long as they need.

thanks again for all your support.

a man with a fork in a world full of soup
poprodder

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2017, 03:40:15 PM »

Cry Cry Cry
sorry no words to say, but the tears are real.

JayJay

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2017, 01:53:23 AM »

Thanks Craig. It has been hard to express how we feel for you and your family as words seem so inadequate but you, and by extension your family, are part of the Manky Monkey troop so you know we are here for you. I'm glad the hospital were so supportive. That must have been comforting especially them allowing all your family to say goodbye to Oakley. I know his death is very raw at the moment but I'm sure those last hours spent with Oakley will bring you solace as time goes on.
Sending love and big hugs, JJ x

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: