April 19, 2024, 01:08:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: -And another thing  (Read 3671 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« on: November 16, 2017, 07:35:49 PM »

"Black Friday"
I'm pretty sure I ranted about this last year, but when the hell did this become a British "thing"?!
It's nothing whatsoever to do with us. It's an American sales day, the day after ThanksGiving -the equivalent of our Boxing Day sales. I've been listening to the radio in my garage today & hearing endless adverts urging people not to miss out on this & that & how buying online can ease the stress of Black Friday shopping. Here's an idea -ignore it. It's not our problem. British Black Friday, like Trick or Treat & poxy school Prom Nights, does not existAngry

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
paulywombats

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 10:31:30 PM »

Amazon's "Black Friday" sale starts tomorrow and lasts for a week. Is it me? Or was it only supposed to be one day?

Once we are finally out of the con that goes by the name of Euro, can we then pay off the septic tanks (rhyming slang) as well?

I thought I was wrong once, it turned out I was incorrect!
Living on a wing and a weld
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 05:00:05 PM »

Basingstoke this afternoon.
I've got a friend in Canada who tells me they now have a pre Black Friday sale!

minimutly

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 07:05:33 PM »

Isn't that brown Thursday?
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 07:35:57 PM »

Followed by In the red Saturday.

JayJay

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2017, 07:54:05 PM »

Well a lot of Mitchell & Butler restaurants such as Toby, Harvester, Crown Carveries, Stonehouse and others are offering 50% off main meals between 11:30am Monday 20th to end of business Thursday 23rd of November. Have a look for the voucher online or subscribe to Toby like I do and get great deals. I'm going to the Toby for my dinner everyday during the offer. Come on, there are not many places you can get a roast dinner with 4 lots of meat for under £3.  Shocked  That'll do me for the whole day plus I don't have to wash up.  Grin 

So perhaps ignore the Black Friday label and just look for some good offers. Whenever I buy something I always check for money off coupons whatever the day is by just Googling. It's very rare I don't find something.  Smiley

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2017, 08:20:08 AM »

Well now I'm losing half my benifits I can't afford £3 a day on meals out ? In fact Black Friday seems Apt ?

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2017, 05:36:54 PM »

Have you got better?!

JayJay

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2017, 11:38:28 PM »

Well now I'm losing half my benifits I can't afford £3 a day on meals out ? In fact Black Friday seems Apt ?

Sorry to hear that. There are so many tribunals going on concerning PIP and ESA benefits that the cost of these taking place is probably costing as much as the 'saved' benefit. Rarely are they finding for the claimant though, so the DWP probably think that they are gaining in the long term. 

Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
stinkey

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2017, 09:01:48 AM »

I'm better in comparison (more so in the summer ) and my life expectancy has improved ( bonus) but still can't walk far or upstairs  Shocked
I received a letter two weeks ago totally out the blue informing me..as from April 2018  DWP will no longer be paying my mortgage interest payments..they advised me to either borrow the money from family ? Sell my House,or take out a Loan with them (plus interest ) which we would have to pay back if and when we do sell the house ? And in the meantime I'm still waiting on PIPs assessment ? So in effect I'm being forced to have a loan or sell my home ?  Undecided

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2017, 12:24:13 PM »

Make an appointment with the CAB - they have the expertise (they've had a lot of practice!) to sift through the options and help you to appeal - over 50% of appeals are succesful, particularly with help from them.

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
stinkey

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2017, 12:02:50 AM »

Can't appeal for something I've not had yet BG..but actually saw the CAB on Monday ..I was the first person they had seen with the mortgage payment letter though Undecided

Baychimp

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2017, 11:45:13 PM »

Today I saw an advert that proudly boasted, Black Friday sale! Ends on Monday. I must be missing the point somewhere. Tongue
JayJay

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2017, 04:31:45 PM »

Today I saw an advert that proudly boasted, Black Friday sale! Ends on Monday. I must be missing the point somewhere. Tongue
AKA Black week.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 10:56:35 AM by JayJay » Logged

the coppersmith

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2017, 09:56:59 AM »

I just been out for a early walk and seen "Manic Monday" being advertised  Angry
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: