March 29, 2024, 01:56:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vehicle Excise Duty  (Read 670 times)
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« on: November 18, 2017, 09:02:10 PM »

Saw this on another forum, it's something I didn't know so I wondered if others do?

An interesting, and worrying, fact that I was told by a DVLA man who was driving round my area checking for untaxed cars.
If your MOT expires and before you renew it, apart from probably having no insurance, your car tax is automatically cancelled as well, presumably by the DVLA computer.
[/i]

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 09:22:51 PM »

Interestingly, it was reported this week that revenue from vehicle taxation had fallen by £93 million per annum since the abolition of windscreen tax discs! with 3x as many untaxed vehicles now on British roads!! I wonder who will be required to make up that short fall then? Huh Huh...Morrag

Beware the Ides of March, But!
Olds

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 09:33:21 PM »

Never heard of them cancelling VED  and they certainly didn't cancel mine while I was waiting for the new exhaust to arrive after it's MOT fail. They don't care if the vehicle is not being used while it is taxed and before cancelling they would need repayment details and get you to apply for SORN
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 09:41:05 PM by Olds » Logged

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: