April 27, 2024, 12:11:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: New vehicle charge introduced in London tomorrow  (Read 3820 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2017, 09:24:22 AM »

2 tier parking charges now, on top of the new emmision fee.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
the coppersmith

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2017, 09:27:14 AM »

I cannot believe this! If it was humans we would be shouting "racist" The cost of diesel is rising steadily as well I have noticed.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2017, 09:34:46 AM »

Taken from FaceBook, but appears genuine.
Notice the piece about diesel charges at the top of the board is a sticker put over the top of the original wording -a parking company profiteering from the latest development?

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
JayJay

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2017, 10:14:47 PM »

A bit confusing. So would my 2009 diesel pay £7.35 which is plus 50% of the £4.90 for non diesels or £11.03 (rounded up) which is 50% again of the £7.35 that diesels from 2015 onwards are paying? Do you have to take a calculator with you to park or do the signs need to be clearer? Or is it just me?   Undecided

I forgot to say, it's totally wrong.  Angry   Suddenly diesel owners are pariahs to be penalised at every turn. Like Baychimp said, we were encouraged to buy diesel vehicles, as diesel was seen as the better choice because it was a greener car, emitting less of the global-conning gas carbon dioxide than petrol models, and was kinder to the environment. This was only about 18 years ago but now they have decided diesel is not only less efficient but dirtier and more damaging to the environment than petrol. Yes, but who pays for their crappy decisions or the crappy scientific data, that's right US. Me thinks we should sue the gvt or the scientists with a Class Action. That would shake them up as there are about 14 million diesel vehicle owners in this country alone (not counting buses and lorries) and many other European countries have a high number too.  Cool
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 04:33:47 PM by JayJay » Logged

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2017, 10:54:22 PM »

Apparently this was introduced on a trial basis in June this year?

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/transport/dcharge-trial-of-245-bill-for-diesel-drivers-launched-in-central-london-a3572926.html

Presumably this is just for council owned parking?  Or maybe not?

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Baychimp

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2017, 10:37:10 PM »

I think you will find B.G, If one does it and gets away with it, they will all do it.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2017, 08:11:04 PM »

I'm never going to be driving in London so I don't care!

I nearly did one time last year when my satnav was playing up, coming down from East Anglia and it didn't tell be when to get off the A-whatever but I saw the signs and just made it!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: