March 29, 2024, 12:42:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Travellin' Monkeys  (Read 3621 times)
JayJay

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2017, 06:23:02 PM »

Mr M, your site is akin to a drop in centre for disenfranchised 2, 3 &4 wheeler "people", and possibly 1 Wheeler's when Dave turns his very excellent abilities to unicycles, which must surely only be a matter of time! Grin like Merv. it's the only site I "belong" to, and my sentiments are those of BG, so long may it continue in its endevours, not the least in aiding my sanity some days Cheesy  when the world at large appears to be nuts! Roll Eyes Roll Eyes....Morrag

Very true Morrag and the idea of Dave on a unicycle he has built with all his own custom made parts (we wouldn't expect anything less) has made me smile.  Cool  Also ditto for me regarding other sites.

I did join the trike forum a long time ago but it wasn't really for me and I'm not a Facebooker. Too much of everything is exposed on there. People seem to post their every thought and social media seems to be killing off speaking to someone by phone or visiting. However, I would say WhatsApp and the video conferencing software are excellent for family and friends living away from each other to keep in touch, well as long as you're decent!  Shocked

And yes Merv, it is nice to meet up when the occasion arises and it's nice to meet other family members too.  Cheesy

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2017, 06:59:51 PM »

Smiley
My Mum uses Skype to chat to my sister in Canada a couple of times a week, (& her husband, "Baggy", who's a forum member here).
She complained a while ago that there was a few seconds delay one day between her saying something & my sister hearing it, 7,000 miles away. I had to point out that it wasn't that long ago that she'd have to write a letter, wait a fortnight for it to get there & another fortnight for the reply to arrive, or pay a fortune to book an overseas phone call.
We adapt to new technology surprisingly quickly don't we. I was chatting to a young lad at work recently & he'd never seen a typewriter in real life, only in films & TV shows. God, I'm getting old.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2017, 07:07:54 PM »

Ain't that a fact Mr. M, as far as social media is concerned, and in general, I'm not a fan, however I find Skype invaluable, and were it not for Skype I would still be waiting to see my 2 month old grand daughter, who was born and currently resides, with her mum, in Oz! whilst my son, her Dad earns a crust in Oman! we live in a World getting smaller.... Smiley..Morrag

Beware the Ides of March, But!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2017, 07:22:19 PM »

Yup. Long distance communication's just part of normal life now. I use FaceBook, (although I hate it's shallow, vacuous triviality), & regularly chat to friends in Holland, Germany, America, Canada etc. How long till we're chatting to people working off planet?! 

stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2017, 03:48:41 PM »

Found this t-shirt hidden in the car

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2017, 06:48:49 PM »

Smiley Where dat?

Olds

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2017, 09:31:52 AM »

Quote from: JayJay link=topic=16415.msg230478#msg230478 date=15055the
 idea of Dave on a unicycle he has built
[/quote
Grin Grin Grin
Done that, but not a motorised one (yet). Also built a three seater tandem and just for laughs a reversed steering bicycle (left to go right etc) that was truly impossible to ride.
Think my days of silliness are long gone (well almost  Wink )

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2017, 01:56:24 PM »

Sorry about picture quality but I can't seem to get it right on this silly (old) iPad ?
It was taken in Spain last week..a little village built into the hills between Albecete and Valencia ..unfortunately I couldn't walk up into the village..but had a nice meal watching those that could ..

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2017, 03:02:17 PM »

Nice Smiley

JayJay

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2017, 06:31:54 PM »

Quote from: JayJay link=topic=16415.msg230478#msg230478 date=15055the
 idea of Dave on a unicycle he has built
[/quote
Grin Grin Grin
Done that, but not a motorised one (yet). Also built a three seater tandem and just for laughs a reversed steering bicycle (left to go right etc) that was truly impossible to ride.
Think my days of silliness are long gone (well almost  Wink )

Silly me! I should have guessed that. Honestly, do you have 36 hours in a day or do you just not sleep. You are a very accomplished hard working Gentleman.  Cool  Can you spare any of that energy?  If so, email me it will you!  Cheesy

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
Olds

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2017, 06:59:12 PM »

Cheesy Thanks JJ. You are almost right in the do not sleep bit. I normally only steep about 4 to 5 hours a night and I have never been one for sitting around watching TV etc. Wish it were longer, as these days I'm tired a lot of the time. I have been very lucky in that I was able to sort of 'retire' thirty years ago, giving me time to try lots of new things. There are so many things that I want to learn to do, or to do more of, but I realise that I am going to have to slow down. ;(

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: