April 20, 2024, 12:24:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Aggressive driving  (Read 7706 times)
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2017, 06:09:43 PM »

Just so I understand this then...You only need a car if you are in a ...rush! mmmm, I see...I think Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

Beware the Ides of March, But!
JayJay

« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2017, 08:09:40 PM »

Not so much aggressive driving as there wouldn't be many vehicles about at that time, especially in Wales but Stinkey's story made me think of it.

My granddad used to go places on his motorbike (don't ask me what sort) with my Grandma as pillion. We are talking about their courting days so about the late 1920s. This once, he lost my Gran off the back and never even noticed until he got where they were going. I'm only here because she still went on to marry him. It must have been love. Mind you he was a right ba&$#rd so perhaps the universe was trying to give her a hint.  Undecided
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 03:53:17 PM by JayJay » Logged

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
l j shaw

« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2017, 08:16:42 PM »

Just so I understand this then...You only need a car if you are in a ...rush! mmmm, I see...I think Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

Only with the progression of time has the need to increase time management become important .....hence the change in the pace of life .....if we didn't progress we would still be living in caves and killing dam big reptiles for lunch ....guess what ....we would be walking n running too lol lol lol

stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2017, 08:21:05 PM »

Language JJ..tut tut.. Cheesy my mum did something similar ..on the bike with my Dad,stopped at traffic lights..on their way to hammersmith palais ..she stood up to adjust her coat,lights changed,he roared off..left her standing in the road..he was a Scallywag too.. Roll Eyes

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
Baychimp

« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2017, 10:43:37 PM »

to pull back into the lane.

you don't need to indicate to return to previous lane.

Why it may not be mandatory to signal, if you get some Pleb of a road user trying to squeeze into a nonexistent gap at a Motorway off ramp because they have nearly missed his/her junction, its nice to get some sort of clue where they are going. I sure you wouldn't be saying " well they don't need to indicate to pull back in". Call me old fashioned if you like,but letting other road users know what you are going to do is just common courtesy.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 10:53:09 PM by Baychimp » Logged
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2017, 10:55:44 PM »

Ah, now I understand, it is a case of some people's time is more important than others!...or does it just seem that way to them?.................."time management" Sad Sad Sad, yeah, right!

Baychimp

« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2017, 11:04:49 PM »

I don't mind if some people THINK their time is more important than mine. As long as they don't do anything stupid to take my time away.
I'm not quite ready to meet my maker yet.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 11:29:09 PM by Baychimp » Logged
l j shaw

« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2017, 01:07:09 AM »

Ah, now I understand, it is a case of some people's time is more important than others!...or does it just seem that way to them?.................."time management" Sad Sad Sad, yeah, right

Doctors and paramedics rushing to save lives .....ummmm yes more important than you and me I'd say ..time management is important to them I'd guess getting there in the golden hour

I just let people go past if they want to drive fast that's up to them, it's not for me to control them, how do I know what's going on in there lives.
JayJay

« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2017, 06:30:08 PM »

Language JJ..tut tut.. 

Sorry. I expected the software to £€=/%$: it.  Embarrassed

Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2017, 06:52:28 PM »

Ha, ha, ha!! Seriously?
I'm the software Smiley

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
JayJay

« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2017, 06:54:44 PM »

Quote from: l j shaw
Doctors and paramedics rushing to save lives .....ummmm yes more important than you and me I'd say ..time management is important to them I'd guess getting there in the golden hour

I just let people go past if they want to drive fast that's up to them, it's not for me to control them, how do I know what's going on in there lives.

I often wonder whether, if a driver had someone in their car they were trying to get to hospital but it was so urgent they didn't have time to wait for an ambulance, would the rest of us move out of their way if they just kept on the horn, or would we think they were just ignorant b%&^€rds and ignore them?  Undecided

Police say to always leave time for your journey but even allowing time for traffic queues we don't always get it right. I am usually an hour or so early for hospital appointments but what if I had really been held up. I would try to go as legally and as safely as I could to get there but other drivers wouldn't know that I was against the clock.

There is no easy answer really especially as most of our roads are single carriageway plus a lot of drivers seem to think 60mph is the maximum speed on dual carriageways. Generally, motorways could be faster but car distances and using the lanes properly need to be reinforced. At least drivers who want to go slower have the inner lanes to do so. However, on these revamped hard shoulderless motorways I think faster speeds would be a mistake.

JayJay

« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2017, 06:59:43 PM »

Ha, ha, ha!! Seriously?
I'm the software Smiley
Are you winding me up? I thought the text was parsed for bleepable words and they were then replaced with $&%$^. Usually the webmaster adds the words they are not happy with and the software does the rest like the spelling change function does. So on this site a few words but a religious site, hundreds.  Cheesy

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2017, 07:01:30 PM »

Yeah, & I have to wind the site up every day with a big key in the back of my computer. Honest.

morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2017, 10:57:38 PM »

And writes the "software"...with a quill!.. Grin

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2017, 08:58:22 AM »

Cheesy I mentioned to a young lad at work the other day that when I was at school my English teacher insisted we had to use fountain pens, rather than those horrible, new fangled ball point pens. He'd never heard of fountain pens, with ink cartridges, & thought I was joking.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: