April 16, 2024, 09:45:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lack of motivation  (Read 961 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« on: September 17, 2017, 09:13:43 AM »

Not for building, but show going.
This weekend's possibly the very last hotrod themed drag race meet at Shakespeare County Raceway in Warwickshire. I've been going there for decades, but the land's being sold off for housing. Not actually a fan of drag racing, or any motor sport, but love the atmosphere & the vehicles it attracts. My brother also builds & races drag cars.
So I ought to be there, but I'm not. Set the alarm, but just couldn't be bothered this morning. I'll spend the afternoon working on my truck instead.
Still love my own projects & have no intention of giving up on them. I loved driving the Pop amongst normal traffic when it was last on the road, but didn't really do many car shows in it. Same with my motorcycle. Used to do loads of bike rallies, but the only bike event I do now is the Bike Shed show in London, which is more like an art gallery.
I think I've just got bored of shows.
Is it just me?

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 11:35:45 AM »

You'll feel different when you have the bike and truck to show off.  I was going to HRD this weekend but my cat's gone missing so I'm searching for him instead, but the weather at Shakey hasn't been exactly great for wandering round and taking photos either.  I'm sorry to miss what may be the last HRD but heyho, that's life.

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
JayJay

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2017, 03:52:33 PM »

My heart has not been in it for a while. My health doesn't help and last year my car was at the garage for ages and of course my scooter wouldn't fit in the courtesy car. I am a Friend of Beaulieu and pay so much a year but even that has been wasted in terms of getting my money's worth.  Undecided

Events like Wheels Day, Basingstoke, Hayride and the Brighton bike meets were my favourites but only Basingstoke is the one I wouldn't want to miss and of course the Hayride changed venues this year and it wasn't really suitable. I really missed it. You could always guarantee plenty to look at and loads of people to catch up with.  Cry

I can't say I enjoyed Wheels Day this year. It just doesn't seem to have the same atmosphere as the pre-restriction ones did. I suppose change is inevitable though and even Brighton has disappointed these last couple of years especially as it gets harder to manoeuvre with so little room left for people to get around the bikes and stalls etc but at the same time the stalls are fewer and less interesting and the Wall of Death hasn't  been there for a while.

However, I still appreciate it when photos of events get posted so I can at least see the interesting vehicles that are around and about.  Cool  Smiley

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 07:30:30 AM »

Health issues,lack of money,been there done it syndrome kicks in as well,plus your mates have all moved on to other places/ventures..after reading stuff on Kevs Facebook group it makes me fed up ( when it should inspire ?) seeing all the blooming nonsense rules and regs to build a hotrod etc ? I understand the safety part,but I hate being told by some jobsworths what I can /can't do ? As usual we just sit and take it ? It's become law it's on the statute now ?  B@!!£6.. Man wrote it down man can change it..but don't worry we will just let it roll on..yes I know it will get easier as more people learn the way? Thank goodness Kevs on the case..man needs a knight hood Cool

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: