April 25, 2024, 02:13:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I fancy a ride out tomorrow  (Read 1325 times)
Clive

« on: August 24, 2017, 04:41:02 PM »

Anyone got any ideas where I could take a ride out to tomorrow, ideally about an hour or so away from Andover.
Was thinking maybe Lymington, or the Departure Lounge cafe.

Any other ideas? A and B roads mainly ideally, to enjoy the ride, and avoid some of the Bank holiday traffic

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Clive

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 05:26:13 PM »

Looking at Andys piccies, Lee-on-Solent may be the winner!!

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Olds

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 06:36:45 PM »

Might be best to avoid the  B3400 near Overton if you can because of CarFest.

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
Clive

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 06:50:15 PM »

Found that out today!?! Not even on and the traffic was heavy. Roadworks Basingstoke side of Oakley were a pain as well

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2017, 11:24:23 PM »

Great Dorset Steam Fair's on -either as a destination or somewhere to avoid because of the traffic!
Is the Queen Elizabeth aircraft carrier still here? I ended up in Lee on Solent cos I couldn't get near my original random choice of SouthSea because of the sight seeing traffic.
Wrong day for the car meet at the Departure Lounge, but it's a nice cafe. Or you could try Loomies cafe, which is a regular bikers' meeting place & is actually run by bikers.

Alton Road, West Meon GU32 1JX
Open 9am - 5pm.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 11:29:39 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Archie

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2017, 06:43:06 PM »

Go to marcuses - Whitchurch, kingsclere, tadley silchester - all B roads for 45 mins or so. Used to be my Sunday blat going the other way
Clive

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2017, 06:55:09 PM »

Do know where he is now!?!

Lee on Solent it was. Nice ride apart from the '40 mph'ers ( you know the ones, whatever the speed limit they'll do 40. 60 limit, 40, 30 limit, stil 40) and the f**king cyclists holding up traffic!!!

Obligatory chips, as it's  the seaside..............

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2017, 07:14:40 PM »

Cheesy I know they've got every right to be there & they're not doing anything wrong, but I do hate cyclists! Wobbling all over the road at 10mph, with a half mile queue of irate drivers behind them. I think it's the smugness I hate -look at me, I'm saving the World. See how fit & healthy I am, don't I look great in my silly hat. I hate cyclists Sad
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 08:56:38 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Clive

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2017, 07:36:17 PM »

Yeah............that!!! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: