April 23, 2024, 11:01:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: New fossil fuel cars banned from 2040?  (Read 7469 times)
dr big750

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2017, 05:20:46 AM »

I reckon they will do the same as always, give the idea that it is the cheap and cleaner option, then hit it with an extreme amount of tax, eg. electric prices will rise to extortionative (is that the correct word) levels, so charging your new electric car costs as much as a fill of fuel
Plasticpig

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2017, 04:57:16 PM »

According to the daily rags, the target for the last sale of petrol and diesel cars, will be 2040. Some commenters said that market trends might force it to happen earlier if the uptake of alternative vehicles was greater. There is no mention of lorries, vans, buses or trains. Reading the comments from readers of those rags, the main point brought up was where is the electricity going to come from to power just the cars, and is everyone going to have a cable going out to their car, perhaps blocking the pavement. Also a lot of people do not have a parking space, or live in flats, ect.

There is a lot of controversy about Hinkley Point power station, and it turns out that to run all of the projected vehicles, it would need another six or seven nuclear power stations which is going to cause a big old stink. Unless they have a new power source sitting in a warehouse somewhere, there is going to be a period when people cannot get to work or leisure. Its seems as if the powers that be have not thought out any of this, and were only forced to announce these new rules by a court case and threats by the EU over air quality.  
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 10:17:40 PM by Plasticpig » Logged
stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2017, 05:46:36 PM »

According to the daily rags, the target for the last sale of petrol and diesel cars, will be 2040. Some commenters said that market trends might force it to happen earlier if the uptake of alternative vehicles was greater. There is no mention of lorries, vans, buses or trains. Reading the comments from readers of those rags, the main point brought up was where is the electricity going to come from to power just the cars, and is everyone going to have a cable going out to their car, perhaps blocking the pavement. Also a lot of people do not have a parking space, or live in flats, ect.

There is a lot of controversy about Hinkley Point power station, and it turns out that to ru all of the projected vehicles, it would need another six or seven nuclear power stations which is going to cause a big old stink. Unless they have a new power source sitting in a warehouse somewhere, there is going to be a period when people cannot get to work or leisure. Its seems as if the powers that be have not thought out any of this, and were only forced to announce these new rules by a court case and threats by the EU over air quality. 

Like I said politicians DO NOT have a clue ..I'm working on sources for my household energy which means very little outcome for me..and heck of it means buying a horse and cart as well then so be it?

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2017, 10:17:43 PM »

Presumably the Government could make up the lost revenue from fuel tax with road pricing -charging you for every mile travelled, which they've been talking about for ages. I guess electric vehicles would be easier to track & a monthly bill could be sent, or payment automatically deducted at source if you refused to pay. In fact, if every car had an individual electronic identity, you could probably "switch off" those that refused to pay or were banned from driving etc.
I'll be in my 80s by then & hopefully might've died during a drug fuelled orgy with 3 teenage prostitutes in a Vegas hotel room, so it probably won't affect me, but it'll be interesting to see how the Great Plan works out.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 10:20:34 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2017, 10:30:26 PM »

Erm, I shall do my best not to be over concerned, on this issue!! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Beware the Ides of March, But!
stinkey

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2017, 11:04:56 PM »

Hopefully you won't need the drugs Andy ? Roll Eyes
And I'm with morrag on this one too

JayJay

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2017, 11:24:27 PM »

I'll be in my 80s by then & hopefully might've died during a drug fuelled orgy with 3 teenage prostitutes in a Vegas hotel room, so it probably won't affect me, but it'll be interesting to see how the Great Plan works out.

Just make sure you are talking about at least 16 year old teenagers. You don't want to get a reputation. However, perhaps at 80 years old you'd just be over the moon to be able to take part in the orgy and not be too worried about getting arrested.  Roll Eyes  Grin

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
stinkey

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2017, 09:24:56 AM »

Orgys aren't always what one expects  Roll Eyes

Plasticpig

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2017, 10:24:19 PM »

Andy. Will you still be able to get it up when you are eighty? Perhaps some blue tablets?
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2017, 11:04:16 PM »

Cheesy We seem to have strayed a little off-topic!

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
stinkey

« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2017, 07:38:02 AM »

You started it mate ? Roll Eyes

Olds

« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2017, 08:22:42 AM »

Did I miss it ?
The orgy !
D'oh !
 Really must read through posts fully.  Cheesy

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
Stix

« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2017, 08:38:54 AM »

If you are on fb  I have just shared a video that if true would solve the fossil fuel powered engine problem overnight😱😱😱
Also posted it on my page
John Stix page
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 08:42:04 AM by Stix » Logged
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2017, 12:44:37 PM »

Whats "an orgy"? and...where am I?, and..why.... Huh

Beware the Ides of March, But!
Stix

« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2017, 02:34:36 PM »

Whats "an orgy"? and...where am I?, and..why.... Huh

Wasn't he a cartoon character in bike magazine with a skinny mate called Malcolm??🤗🤗
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: